Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion?

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Lightbulb Suggestion?

Would it be possible to think about having some dedicated manufacturers sub sections?
    Not really sure what kind of layout but something along the lines of...

MFP Technical Discussion (<----- used for any misc manufacturers discussion)

Then subsections of MFP Technical Discussion
    -Ricoh
    -Konica Minolta
    -Canon
    -Toshiba
    -Xerox

Faxes, Printers & Wide Format Technical Discussion (<----- used for any misc manufacturers discussion)

Then subsections of Faxes, Printers & Wide Format Technical Discussion
    -Ricoh
    -Konica Minolta
    -Canon
    -Toshiba
    -Xerox
    -Hewlett Packard

Was thinking it may attract more people to sign up for membership if they can see discussions by techs that specialize more on certain select areas / brands.

Just a idea of coarse.

- I know what I need to know as I need to know it, but knowing is not enough I must understand what I know.

Administrator 500+ Posts Aneurysm's Avatar
    Thanks for the input, sounds like a good idea. We will do some testing and see what we can come up with.

--
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar
    I'd like to second this suggestion.

A couple of thoughts.......

I realize splitting the forum into subforums would reduce the traffic initially and make things look a little dead. But, one of the reasons I had not participated very much since my initial appearance back in '04' was not wanting to deal with wading through a bunch of posts of brands I have no interest in.

Perhaps a more focused forum would attract and retain more like minded people.

Service Manager 100+ Posts CanonHPTech's Avatar
    Think this is a great idea... one of the only thing I was left desiring from this board. I haven't been around long enough to deal with more than HP Copiers and Canon Printers/Copiers. I have much experience on some off models and brands (Oki, Lexmark, Epson, etc.) in the single function and MFP printer world, but can't say I have ever really worked on a Konica, Kyrocera, Toshiba or other brand copiers. I also believe MFP would be a more updated category, since most newer copiers can also print/scan/e-mail/fax and it would also make each sub brand category still have activity since most manufactuers make laser copiers and inkjet and laser multi-functions (so HP OfficeJet and Konica Biz-Hub would be in the same). This would leave a grey area and possibly take away from the fax category, but then again there is still alot of stand alone fax products being produced that can not be considered MFP's (Muratech, Panasonic, etc.).

Chromographic Supremesist 100+ Posts nightshade's Avatar
    4th even for a newbie like myself this suggestion is Golden!!!

Well it has been a while but I will get to work setting up some sub-forums and moving some posts around. It will take a while but we will get it done. We will keep you posted (we will tackel printers and faxes first).

Thanks for the comments!!!

--
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    Excellent.

I was just thinking (yes dangerous I know LOL) that it may be abit to spread out and fragmented to have seprate sub sections for standalone 'Fax & Printer' and 'Copier' forums though.

Another way you could tackle it...

General Technical Discussion <--- for misc brand tech posts

Then have sub sections of General Technical Discussion...

-Ricoh
    -Konica Minolta
    -Canon
    -Toshiba
    -Xerox
    -Hewlett Packard
    etc

Then just have those sub sections cover everything for that brand... Copiers, Faxes, Printers and Wide Format.

That would make things a little easier for you from the point of view of moving posts around to the correct forums.
    And I would imagine it would be less confusing for new members to know where the correct place to post their question / problem.
    Plus it may also help prevent having a sub section that is less popolar from being completely void of new posts and activity.

Of coarse just another suggestion Aneurysm... your da boss.

- I know what I need to know as I need to know it, but knowing is not enough I must understand what I know.

I think I like that idea better. Let me give it some thought before I do any more moving of posts.

Thanks for your input!

--
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Suggestion?

how 'bout removing the "free service manual" from hatemnassif?? too many false hopes and broken dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    how 'bout removing the "free service manual" from hatemnassif?? too many false hopes and broken dreams.
    I closed both of those threads just for that reason, Thanks for the input.

--
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!