Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rep Power

OMD-227
    Tell me about it! We cop whatever you have, about 12hours later.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What gives any idiot on this forum the right to just strip rep power because I actually helped someone repair a machine resulting in him not needing to buy that manual? Isn't that what this forum is for, helping guys out? Or is it a forum to sell product first, help later? And I actually bought manuals from this jerk in the past. Go ahead Paul, strip more rep power. I'm already at zero. But the other guy knows how to remove that fuser now so I've done my job.

i still dont see where to go to see who gave you what. maybe not enough coffee yet

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OceCarl View Post
    i still dont see where to go to see who gave you what. maybe not enough coffee yet
    What..
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    What..
    pos or neg rep power

i have a whole "1" and i wanna see who gave it to me

"Harvey Dent"
    Whats rep power?

I have one too.

Quote Originally Posted by OceCarl View Post
    i have a whole "1" and i wanna see who gave it to me
    If you go to settings at the top of the page. You will see who gave you what.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Dent
    Whats rep power?

I have one too.
    What is rep power.

What is reputation?
    Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.
    Reputation may be positive , negative or neutral . Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.
    How do I give reputation?
    To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.
    How do I know what reputation I have received?
    You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.
    How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?
    If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.
    What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?
    You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.

"Harvey Dent"
    Thanks screwtape. I understand now.