Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Membership Fee?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sounds good to me. The members area should have a resource library. Break things down by brand and model and have the manuals, tech bulletins, training videos if people want to upload, etc. tutorials, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    • General forum where newbies can ask questions - free

• $50 for elite group membership that includes manual sharing, step by step technical tips, and etc...

• Members with a certain number of posts or who have been with copytechnet for a number of years shouldn't have to pay the $50 to have elite membership. This should apply mainly to those who wish to be included in that group, but have not met the requirements. This will also reduce spammers or problem people as if they create a new setup, they would be required to pay to be part of the elite group.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Membership Fee?

• $50 for elite group membership that includes manual sharing, step by step technical tips, and etc...

• Members with a certain number of posts or who have been with copytechnet for a number of years shouldn't have to pay the $50 to have elite membership. This should apply mainly to those who wish to be included in that group, but have not met the requirements. This will also reduce spammers or problem people as if they create a new setup, they would be required to pay to be part of the elite group.
    This is the best that I've heard yet. I shoulda known it would come from you prntrfxr. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

SID.KADEN
    Alright this is something to keep idle hands busy for the weekend,.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    Some good thoughts Stirton. On the rating thing though, there should be limits to how much a single user can lower another user's rating. It hasn't happened to me, but I suspect some people have unjustly gotten their rating lowered b/c they disagreed with someone or got ganged up on, or attacked by an individual relentlessly.
    [Lower rep points]
    Hahaha I did that... I happend to "hiss-off" the forum sys-op on my very first post. I believe that earned me -10 rep points or there abouts ? Hey I was just doing the sys-op a favour. He didn't really see the positive aspects of negative customer feedback being able to improve the overall forum experience. Basically if the customer is unhappy they go somewhere else. Only negative feedback can give you those results. Which should "never be viewed as a negative" but as a positive step towards better business improvements.

I really didn't mind the negative rep points though, hahaha...

Oooh aah oooh ahh whip me, beat me ooh aahh....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

I believe in the reverse situation.
    The Newer members might have to enroll for $50 and the veterans give their advise to the newbies for a fee.
    The veterans get on the forum free as they are passing their knowledge onto the uninitiated for a $50 yearly fee.

Or the forum could be run like the military with ranks. As you progress up the rep-ranks you get more privileges ?

Anyway I'm not sure the above would allow for the best forum practices in any case............

Just my 2cents (OZ rounded 5cents) worth....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Membership fee

This idea of the membership fee seem to have generated a lot of controversy in this forum. why can't we now sample it all up and subject it to" REFERENDUM VOTE " to decide its fate? I am a junior member member of this forum, but I have noticed that some of the quality of the posts leaves a lot to be desired, especially from from some members whom I have some doubt about their technical background. The quality of a useful forum like this can indeed be greatly improved by introducing a user fee, but this should be minimal. People generally have low opinion about free things. I SUPPORT the Idea of a special SUB-FORUM in which TECHNICALLY QUALIFIED / ELITIST members can subscribe to, but this as others have already suggested must be a REAL RESOURCE CENTER, where the members can have access to technical bulletins, service manuals, SSTs, share detailed ideas and the like. The site owners/ADMIN. on their part should make it an absolute responsibility on their part to link up with the manufacture's reps to ensure that the resource library is well stocked for its members.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Membership Fee?

I believe in the reverse situation.
    The Newer members might have to enroll for $50 and the veterans give their advise to the newbies for a fee.
    The veterans get on the forum free as they are passing their knowledge onto the uninitiated for a $50 yearly fee.

Or the forum could be run like the military with ranks. As you progress up the rep-ranks you get more privileges ?

Anyway I'm not sure the above would allow for the best forum practices in any case............
    New members who have never posted before, will not see the need to post until he/she gets to see some of the responses to their questions. Having a general free forum also lets us weed out the endusers from techs who at least have a clue. The general forum doesn't have access to manuals or step-by-step instructions. Unless they are helping each other. Military ranks will create resentment between members, especially if some people are elevated by their friends.

I would pay a one time fee of $50 if I got to share manuals and technical information. To me that would be a tech that is serious about what they are doing. There should be a minimum post limit or time limit added to the fee as requirements. Seeing their posts before they get the elite membership will enable the forum to weed out problem people and/or spammers. If they get kicked out of the elite membership and decide to create a new persona they have to pay the $50 again and go through the rookie post/waiting period. That would reduce the "crazy" here without penalizing the members who are truly serious.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Very good ideas, i hope the debate continuous until such a time when a consensus can be reached on the issue.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SID.KADEN View Post
    Alright this is something to keep idle hands busy for the weekend,.
    Speaking of spammers......
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    [Lower rep points]
    Hahaha I did that... I happend to "hiss-off" the forum sys-op on my very first post. I believe that earned me -10 rep points or there abouts ? Hey I was just doing the sys-op a favour. He didn't really see the positive aspects of negative customer feedback being able to improve the overall forum experience. Basically if the customer is unhappy they go somewhere else. Only negative feedback can give you those results. Which should "never be viewed as a negative" but as a positive step towards better business improvements.

I really didn't mind the negative rep points though, hahaha...

Oooh aah oooh ahh whip me, beat me ooh aahh....
    I don't advocate ganging up on someone. And I as I said, there should be a forum for those with such grievance to air that...here as an example. If they have a valid argument about abuse against them, that is fine, they should get their status restored. But if they abuse the forum, such as spamming, or for that matter trolling, negative reaction from the community should curb that activity in a hurry, in other words, you cannot post in the regular forum until you come here to plead your case. I don't mean just one or two negative tags, I mean several in a row from several people. The spammers, most of us (I hope), myself included, tag those via the report triangle. If enough of us tag the guy, they cannot post any further until they plead their case here.

Truth be told, I do not know if that is even possible to do with the current programming of this site. I could be wrong, but ideas such as this do not come out of thin air, they come out of clear identifiable problems.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.