Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 100+ Posts linuxxpwin's Avatar

the things we go through.

Today I had an experience, even now I am not sure how this happen, I had a customer who brought a canon IR1310 into the shop to get services as it was jamming.

Upon investigating paper path I discovered a gear was move, I realign the gear test the machine and did a few minor check and everything checks out fine.

The customer came I tested the machine, quite a happy camper I must say, he took the machine back plug it in and call me saying the machine is not working, they hear a cracking sound and that was it.

I went to check myself, only to find someone, pulled the tray paper metal plate above the paper guard, so no downward force from the rollers and damaged the plastic pulley.

Customer says I did not fix machine, for the love, I took the machine replace the plastic pulley deliver and setup myself and tested.

Still at a lost as how they did that.

Linuxxpwin

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    the things we go through.

Quote Originally Posted by linuxxpwin View Post
    The customer came I tested the machine, quite a happy camper I must say, he took the machine back plug it in and call me saying the machine is not working, they hear a cracking sound and that was it.
    If you tested the machine in front of the customer before he took it home, then you have proved the machine was working when he took it.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

OMD-227
    Oh, I agree completely.

The client saw the machine working with you, they took it home & then blame you because it was damaged in transport or their wrong-doing. When you saw the machine last, it was working.

I would have charged them for the waste of time they created.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    Oh, I agree completely.

The client saw the machine working with you, they took it home & then blame you because it was damaged in transport or their wrong-doing. When you saw the machine last, it was working.

I would have charged them for the waste of time they created.
    It should be legal to punch people in the face when they really, really deserve it. It would cut down on a lot of bullshit...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

OMD-227
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winfield View Post
    It should be legal to punch people in the face when they really, really deserve it. It would cut down on a lot of bullshit...

+1.

I'll talk about this with my local member of parliament. Maybe we can get this arranged soon. Sooner the better actually.

See, this is what I'm talking about. I'm driving my kid to the bus stop when this moron in front of me pulls over to the side. So I proceed to go around the guy when, without even looking, he starts making a u-turn. I swerve to avoid the guy, but he slams into my rear fender (we're both driving full size pick up trucks). So I'm livid at this point, right. My wife gets out to go talk to the guy before I get a chance to (later she said she was afraid I was going to beat the shit out of the guy). Come to find out that the 4 foot Mexican driving the other truck doesn't speak a word of English, but somehow manages to communicate that his insurance information is "at home". Nice... We took down the license plate number and a couple phone numbers that were written on the truck (the owner was apparently selling it). When we asked him his name he didn't know what we were talking about, so I asked him in Spanish. Apparently he didn't speak Spanish either. Eventually, the border jumper muttered "Jose". Yeah, that ought to narrow it down... Our best guess is that this guy is probably here illegally, working under the table for whoever owns the truck. Hopefully my wife will be able to track down the owner of the truck and at least get this moron fired, if not deported. If ever anyone deserved to be punched in the face...

OMD-227
    See, this is what I'm talking about. I'm driving my kid to the bus stop when this moron in front of me pulls over to the side. So I proceed to go around the guy when, without even looking, he starts making a u-turn. I swerve to avoid the guy, but he slams into my rear fender (we're both driving full size pick up trucks). So I'm livid at this point, right. My wife gets out to go talk to the guy before I get a chance to (later she said she was afraid I was going to beat the shit out of the guy). Come to find out that the 4 foot Mexican driving the other truck doesn't speak a word of English, but somehow manages to communicate that his insurance information is "at home". Nice... We took down the license plate number and a couple phone numbers that were written on the truck (the owner was apparently selling it). When we asked him his name he didn't know what we were talking about, so I asked him in Spanish. Apparently he didn't speak Spanish either. Eventually, the border jumper muttered "Jose". Yeah, that ought to narrow it down... Our best guess is that this guy is probably here illegally, working under the table for whoever owns the truck. Hopefully my wife will be able to track down the owner of the truck and at least get this moron fired, if not deported. If ever anyone deserved to be punched in the face...
    You seriously should have got out of your truck Jules.
    You know theres no way that you'll ever get compensated for this, so you should have gone to town on HIS truck.... maybe with an old fuser roller (with the drive gear still attached).

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    You seriously should have got out of your truck Jules.
    You know theres no way that you'll ever get compensated for this, so you should have gone to town on HIS truck.... maybe with an old fuser roller (with the drive gear still attached).
    Oh I got out of the truck, don't worry about that. The only thing stopping me from beating the guy senseless was my wife calming me down and the fact that guy was literally 4 feet tall. My truck is kind of beat up anyways, but still, he deserved a beat down. I would have felt like I was picking on a retarded third grader if I would have actually punched the fucking moron, though. I don't think it was even his truck in the first place.