Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar

Threading oddities and request

Is there a way I can turn off the "more replies below current depth" -feature-? I would like to just see them all.

The way things are now, I end up manually changing the 'Display Mode' from Hybrid to Linear just so I can scan to the end to find the new posts that I haven't read. Being able to scan the tree would be much nicer since it would also place the new posts in context.

As it is now, one cannot simply jump to the unread posts from the thread tree without having to punch through the "more replies ...." for each and every thread branch more than 4 levels deep that may or may not even have a new posts.

Scott

p.s. The change to vendor lines in the copier, fax and printer forums has really worked out great IMHO. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.

Administrator 500+ Posts Aneurysm's Avatar
    Here are a few things to try, let me know if this helps out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Lewis View Post
    The way things are now, I end up manually changing the 'Display Mode' from Hybrid to Linear just so I can scan to the end to find the new posts that I haven't read. Being able to scan the tree would be much nicer since it would also place the new posts in context.
    Check the FAQ's for thread display options here: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/fa...b_threadedmode

You can change your default options here: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/pr...do=editoptions

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Lewis View Post
    As it is now, one cannot simply jump to the unread posts from the thread tree without having to punch through the "more replies ...." for each and every thread branch more than 4 levels deep that may or may not even have a new posts.
    Try this, be aware that it keeps track of your last read by using cookies so if you don't accept our cookies the system can't remember what you have looked at in the past. I'm pretty sure our cookies stay active for 30 days so If you don't log in for a month you might loose your last read data.

--
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!