Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    End User 250+ Posts

Can I delete my account from this useless website?

I came here for help because I got my first laser copier after having only inkjets for decades. I needed help with the various different issues you can have with laser printers.

It quickly became apparent that this is seemingly a clown forum with no actual techs to help anyone. There are other forums where the members actually help each other and I get my questions answered there, whereas in the year or so I've been here I don't even know if I got one helpful reply.

This forum is nothing but a huge waste of time, how can I delete my account, and ideally all threads from this forum?

I'm done wasting my time here, it's obvious no one wants to provide help to others.

Please, show me the door and how to lock it by telling me where I go to delete my account (I use many other websites using this same forum software but never before have I subscribed to a forum so less than useless that I want to ban myself from it so I've never had to do this before).

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Thumbs down Re: Can I delete my account from this useless website?

You don't need to delete your account. Just DON'T come back!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Can I delete my account from this useless website?

Quote Originally Posted by aab1 View Post
    I came here for help because I got my first laser copier after having only inkjets for decades. I needed help with the various different issues you can have with laser printers.

It quickly became apparent that this is seemingly a clown forum with no actual techs to help anyone. There are other forums where the members actually help each other and I get my questions answered there, whereas in the year or so I've been here I don't even know if I got one helpful reply.

This forum is nothing but a huge waste of time, how can I delete my account, and ideally all threads from this forum?

I'm done wasting my time here, it's obvious no one wants to provide help to others.

Please, show me the door and how to lock it by telling me where I go to delete my account (I use many other websites using this same forum software but never before have I subscribed to a forum so less than useless that I want to ban myself from it so I've never had to do this before).

banned.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

How to say this delicately ...

Oh, to hell with delicately. You are the epitome of the penny pinching, cheap, irritating customer, that blames the machine for all his woes. If you got hemorrhoids, I'm sure you could find a way to blame a laser printer. Actually there is a way ...

As technicians, we listen to this kind of brainless prattle every day, and have to put on that pleasing smile, and bring them down gently. "You see, that's not such a good idea because... " You might not believe this, but on our off time we're not interested in listening to this kind of horsepucky. I'm sure your other forums will delight in your newest inkjet fantasy, or how you saved 0.0002 cents per page by refilling your cartridges for the 10th time, but personally I don't care. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

towow,just wow... this site is very generous at helping ENDUSERS and you are very fortunate to have a place to come to with great advice and talented people.

You are either having a bad day or are begging for help the wrong way.

be lucky they dont ban your ass, you would never get into my doors lol

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

He has given us nothing but grief since day one, and truly does not belong here.

I think he posted one almost intelligent question way toward the beginning, and that was about it. I don't remember what it was anymore (nor do I care).

His posts are no different than a crook walking into a convenience store, and asking "What would be the best way to rob you?"
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

THE GREATEST HITS:

So I assume if I have a large black and white print job to do that it would be a good idea to remove all color cartridges (which include the drums) and print it using the black print cartridge only? This would essentially convert the color machine to a B&W machine eliminating the need for a separate B&W machine

Does this waste container ever need to be emptied?---No. There is a tiny Harry Potter inside to magically whisk it away.

Firstly this forum was a real PITA to sign up to, it literally took over 20 times refilling the registration form----You're doing it wrong!

My question is, I refill my cartridges and empty the waste toner compartment, it seems like after emptying the waste about 10 times I'd have enough waste toner collected to refill the main container.
    Is there any reason why I shouldn't do this or would it work? Or what about putting the waste toner back in the main container and then filling the rest with new toner on every refill?

You're just jealous that laser printers can't get anywhere near as low a cost per page than inkjets.

Many are curious to how I print for 0.4 cents a page in color on an inkjet so I made a thread to explain.----Man, I know I was!!!

Isn't it fraudulent to say 16 seconds for the first page and not mention that's after a 2 minute warmup time?

It's funny how I'm the moron when I'm the only one among all of you that figured out how to print for 0.5 cents a color page and you're all thinking that paying 5-25 cents a page for laser prints makes more sense

Well today I realized I can weigh an empty cartridge, zero the scale, and then weigh the cartridges in my printer to estimate toner left. I know they hold 85 grams of toner so I can get a good idea.---Are you sure you are only weighing mail with that scale?

I refill my cartridges by making a hole in each the new and waste toner compartments, I dump the waste toner in the trash and seal the hole with electrical tape----it must be cheaper than duct tape.

Also, how come when the printer was new it printed gradients of each color and then asked me to put the sheet of printed gradients onto the scanner so it could scan it.---It had the flu.

The Staples website gives practically no details

Exactly, this is a copier tech forum, and that is a high speed 35 ppm business inkjet copier & fax, so it perfectly fits the forum subject (other than this is the canon forum and that isn't a canon machine).

I may not be a certified tech but I can still fix most printer, and pretty much any other machines, problems.
    Things I fixed recently:
    -HP business inkjet, replaced carriage motor after over 200 000 prints: YouTube - HP Officejet Pro L7780 Fastest All In One
    -Fixed clothes dryer that would only run for as long as I held down the "start" button
    -Fixed a $1300 fully automatic espresso machine I bought broken on ebay for $130: YouTube - Solis Palazzo Super Automatic Machine Double Espresso Shot
    -Roomba robot vacuum that kept giving a "main brush stall" error after a few seconds of running
    -A blow up doll with a hole in it*
    -And many other things

Why is my copier steaming?

I want to print on 8.5x5.5 paper. Oh wow, I hadn't realized that was a standard paper size.---Really!? C'mon man!

But seriously, if anyone has ever figured out how to send a fax on this atrocious canon machines please let me know.---Actually, Canon removed the fax feature because no one could figure it out.
    --
    Can I delete my account from this useless website? ----YES!!!!!!

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

Hey, has anyone seen aab1 lately?
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

the answer is not in FAQ I know that much lol

just one copy?? 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aab1 View Post
    There are other forums where the members actually help each other and I get my questions answered there, whereas in the year or so I've been here I don't even know if I got one helpful reply.
    Who the fuck have you ever helped here? Piss off and hold your hand out for freebies else where.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison