Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: manuals 4 you

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    manuals 4 you

Re: manuals 4 you

He has to have something to do all day. Although his posts are irritating at times (especially when the answer to the particular question isn't in the manual), I find they are easy to ignore and he has occasionally helped me out with a manual or two I couldn't find anywhere.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    manuals 4 you

Ever notice how 80% of questions can be answered by a service manual?
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Ever notice how 80% of questions can be answered by a service manual?
    That may be true....but have you noticed how many people can't be bothered to read the manuals in the 1st place..they come on here & expect somebody to solve the problem for them...or even worse..ask what page in the manual they should be looking at..now that is taking the p*ss
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    He has to have something to do all day.
    Yeah, maybe something legal, for a change...

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    Although his posts are irritating at times (especially when the answer to the particular question isn't in the manual), I find they are easy to ignore and he has occasionally helped me out with a manual or two I couldn't find anywhere.
    Call it by name - it's just trolling. Doing something like him, I would keep my mouth shut up, not just write stupid comments in all the threads.

I can turn a screw... 250+ Posts pacman's Avatar

He's definitely helped me out!

Yeah, telling the truth here means loosing rep points... nice :/

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    manuals 4 you

Quote Originally Posted by jotunn View Post
    Yeah, telling the truth here means loosing rep points... nice :/
    Well, the "truth" is relative. It's you opinion, I'll give you that, and you've got a right to it. The truth? Maybe yes, maybe no.

As for M4Y, he can be an ass sometimes (check my profile page), but he's definitely helped me out and, just for that, he can post/troll/spam all he wants, since he worked to deserve it - which is more than some people on this forum can claim.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Well, the "truth" is relative. It's you opinion, I'll give you that, and you've got a right to it. The truth? Maybe yes, maybe no.

As for M4Y, he can be an ass sometimes (check my profile page), but he's definitely helped me out and, just for that, he can post/troll/spam all he wants, since he worked to deserve it - which is more than some people on this forum can claim.
    OK, let's talk about that relative "truth", maybe I was wrong in my opinion. Then I will say "sorry" to M4U for everything I wrote about him. At this moment I can say sorry for being too offensive and calling all of his comments as stupid. In fact some of them may be helpful, some people says that they were.

First part of my post (about legality) was a kind of sarcasm, but was based on a fact, not just opinion - or maybe at this point I was wrong? Any written permission for selling manuals? If not... there is no relativity.
    Yes, his "business" may be useful, we can even tolerate it - especially on this forum (oh, he's a donator - kind of bribe?), but this is still an "underground" and doesn't mean allowing for everything.

His help... we have to distinguish between selling a manual and calling this situation "help" and giving competent, based on experience answers leading to solving problem
    This leads us to other thing - sharing knowledge for free - it's a basis of this forum, but sharing manuals isn't well perceived, because that kind of knowledge shouldn't be distributed among customers.
    On the other hand, the same manuals can be bought by the same customers from M4U - hypocrisy...

The last thing, as you said mrwho, I got right to write my opinions - famous freedom of speech, so I'm curious who has deleted my reputation points because of my comment?
    They were given to me by satisfied users of this forum, nobody should modify them because someone feels miffed.

P.S.
    I'm sorry for any mistakes in my English, I have not enough occasion to practice.
    Last edited by jotunn; 02-01-2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: mistake ;)

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

OK, let's talk about that relative "truth", maybe I was wrong in my opinion. Then I will say "sorry" to M4U for everything I wrote about him. At this moment I can say sorry for being too offensive and calling all of his comments as stupid. In fact some of them may be helpful, some people says that they were.

First part of my post (about legality) was a kind of sarcasm, but was based on a fact, not just opinion - or maybe at this point I was wrong? Any written permission for selling manuals? If not... there is no relativity.
    Yes, his "business" may be useful, we can even tolerate it - especially on this forum (oh, he's a donator - kind of bribe?), but this is still an "underground" and doesn't mean allowing for everything.

His help... we have to distinguish between selling a manual and calling this situation "help" and giving competent, based on experience answers leading to solving problem
    This leads us to other thing - sharing knowledge for free - it's a basis of this forum, but sharing manuals isn't well perceived, because that kind of knowledge shouldn't be distributed among customers.
    On the other hand, the same manuals can be bought by the same customers from M4U - hypocrisy...

The last thing, as you said mrwho, I got right to write my opinions - famous freedom of speech, so I'm curious who has deleted my reputation points because of my comment?
    They were given to me by satisfied users of this forum, nobody should modify them because someone feels miffed.

P.S.
    I'm sorry for any mistakes in my English, I have not enough occasion to practice.
    Like I said in a previous post in this thread, he's paying to place his ads here. If you're paying money, you also can place your ads here and try to make some money. Don't make such a big deal out of this.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    manuals 4 you

Like any publicity, it can be annoying. You can either use it (if you find it useful), ignore it (if it doesn't interest you) or "change the channel" (if it bothers you).

Sometimes my wife yells at some dork doing some illegal maneuver in front of our car. I usually tell her "You're no police officer, so there's no use worrying about it". I tell you the same - unless you're some owner or owner's representative, it doesn't relate to you or me. Forget about it.

(oh, he's a donator - kind of bribe?)
    No - he pays for the right of publicizing on this forum. His - and other's - payment is what allows you and me to use this forum for free.

If he sells you a manual that you can't get otherwise and you're willing to pay for, I'd call that "help".

Not at all. A customer usually is not willing to pay for a manual if he only has one machine to look after and he doesn't have any other training besides said manual. A tech, on the other hand, can easily dilute the expense of buying that manual if he has several machines from that make and model.

Although it wasn't me, let me clarify something: As you've got the right to express your opinions, others also have the same right of expressing their feelings about what you say - either posting (like I'm doing) or giving/taking rep points (like someone else did).

P.S.
    Same here.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!