Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: manuals 4 you

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: manuals 4 you

I was just wondering the other day when a fun forum was going to happen again. It's been a while.

Well I've said it before...don't care what anybody sells. Is it illegal? Yes. Will he get in trouble. Probably not. Xerox is the likely candidate to give two sh*ts about all their proprietary stuff. Is he an asshole? Yes, sometimes but then so are most of my relatives. Should he have the right to post spam ads in all the forums? No, it is annoying and quite unheard of...but then again out of all the forums I patrol this one is the most ass backwards one. Also, what audacity to ask for donations, apparently ad space doesn't cost enough.

And there's a difference between advertising appropriately and ruining forums with crap. Anyone here watch tv? The commercials are annoying of course, but at least they don't play during and embedded in the actual show or program.

Oh, and I have to add that a lot of good people that got into online spats with M4U ended up leaving because they were sick of the bullsh*t which was most unfortunate for everybody. It's a wonder anybody new ever even comes to this site. Gee, hmm...new people don't stick around, old people leave, and the site can hardly stay in operation financially...got to wonder!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    I was just wondering the other day when a fun forum was going to happen again. It's been a while.

Well I've said it before...don't care what anybody sells. Is it illegal? Yes. Will he get in trouble. Probably not. Xerox is the likely candidate to give two sh*ts about all their proprietary stuff. Is he an asshole? Yes, sometimes but then so are most of my relatives. Should he have the right to post spam ads in all the forums? No, it is annoying and quite unheard of...but then again out of all the forums I patrol this one is the most ass backwards one. Also, what audacity to ask for donations, apparently ad space doesn't cost enough.

And there's a difference between advertising appropriately and ruining forums with crap. Anyone here watch tv? The commercials are annoying of course, but at least they don't play during and embedded in the actual show or program.

Oh, and I have to add that a lot of good people that got into online spats with M4U ended up leaving because they were sick of the bullsh*t which was most unfortunate for everybody. It's a wonder anybody new ever even comes to this site. Gee, hmm...new people don't stick around, old people leave, and the site can hardly stay in operation financially...got to wonder!
    aab1, is that you?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

No but if you're looking for him I'd ask your mum.

Quote Originally Posted by DWise View Post
    aab1, is that you?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Anyone here watch tv? The commercials are annoying of course, but at least they don't play during and embedded in the actual show or program.
    I don't own a TV anymore but I've seen some sort of split-screen commercials.

t's a wonder anybody new ever even comes to this site. Gee, hmm...new people don't stick around, old people leave, and the site can hardly stay in operation financially...got to wonder!
    I can't claim I know this place well but what you say seems true for the forums I'm mostly visiting here. This seems to be a huge community but there aren't really many daily or regular users around here. Most people just come because they wan't to get a quick answere and with a little luck these thread startes might reply with some feedback what finally does the trick. I guess it's probably not a great experience if someone needs some help and the first reply might just be some spam one have to see after checking out the link that came with the reply-notification mail.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    manuals 4 you

Well I have been using this forum for quite a while and I am yet to have an issue with anyone.

Yeah, occasionally you get some d#$khead on here that tries to razz everyone up, but you have to remember that we are all behind keyboards which for some people makes them the all mighty.

Everyone has said it already "Paul pays to advertise here and with out his support, the website wouldn't exist". Take that into consideration properly and think to yourselves "Where am I going to post my bullshit without Copytechnet.com"?

Oh, no one is forcing anyone to make donations. If you don't want to, then simply don't.

Just like the tens of other threads started which bash on Paul, they all got no where. There are going to be many more threads started about it and guess what? They won't lead to anything either.

Add posts from Paul to your ignore list, scroll past them or just don't participate in this community. Either way, you have an option which means you don't have to read Pauls posts.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Everyone has said it already "Paul pays to advertise here and with out his support, the website wouldn't exist". Take that into consideration properly and think to yourselves "Where am I going to post my bullshit without Copytechnet.com"?
    I just find it interesting that jester's license for spamming is on for a "3 bricks" donator who might have placed an ad campaign ever now and then (we don't know the numbers but I can't recall seeing some sort of ad banner during the last time). Just imagine how discussion forums might appear if this procedure would be widely considered as common sense. Of course it's understandable that the admins are happy to receive some compensation to cover or lower the costs. Still we should consider that it might be not the best idea not to think about the cost-benefit ratio if a donator is just donating some bucks to post a hight quanitity amount of generic ads across the forum while bypassing the regular way to place ads. For my understanding a donation is meant to be some sort of "thank you for the service" and not something to claim some self defined extra rights. If I give a waitress some tip I don't expect an instant BJ either - maybe I should try

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

OK, am I not reading slow enough, or are people now coming here to bitch and complain about lame this site is. Should you not just delete your account.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    manuals 4 you

Good points on all sides.

Y'all feel better now after ranting?

Oh, my bad. This was posted in site feedback, not rants and raves.

Doesn't matter, manuals4you is here to stay whether we want him to or not.

I say I want more Paul Vs. Zaza.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nmfaxman View Post

I say I want more Paul Vs. Zaza.
    I made one of these and it was taken down under dubious circumstances And yet I see he now likes this idea....
    Paul, you are an enigma wrapped in a riddle.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!