Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Re: Selling things on the forum...

@ "gift"...(i'm sure there's one too many letters in that).....what is your problem with "manuals for you"....everytime he posts...you jump down his throat....in case you dont get it...he pays for this forum & he pays to advertise...if you dont like it...i'm sure there are other forums you can go & be a pain on, myself i'm grateful for his advertising on here & i'm grateful for all the help i get from other techies...he posts on my posts...but i just pass over them, like most people....it doesn't bother me....
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

I really didn't want this thread to turn into this.

It was simple question, i have my answer.

I wish a mod would just lock this...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

@ kingarthur

I know I'm not the only one thinking that way, so I didn't "invent" this discussion. Of yourse I don't expect for everybody to share my thoughts but these aren't new - one might realize that while reading across the forum. Netiquette might be something people understand differently - I don't bother if your opinion about this tends to be different, this happens in forums.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Selling things on the forum...

Angry Re: Selling things on the forum...

here we go again the old manuals for you knockers are back .
    cant we have a seperate forum for these idiots so paul myself and other TECHS dont have to read the same junk every three months.
    simple instructions ,dont want a manual ,scroll past .want a manual click on the address and get it.
    try it its really easy.

cant we have a seperate forum for these idiots so paul myself and other TECHS dont have to read the same junk every three months.
    Haha - another language hedgehopper, welcome in the jungle^^

simple instructions ,dont want a manual ,scroll past .want a manual click on the address and get it.
    try it its really easy.
    It's also pretty easy to place advertisements where they belong (according to this site guidelines and common sense) or use the fitting subforum with the name "service manual requests" - it's not the bermuda triangle but the right place for trading/selling manuals. Placing some ad-replies in this specific forum would nobody consider as breaking the "overdoing" rule (according to the general forum rules). It is indeed not that complex - other advertisers and donating users seems to get the point as well - just try it, it's really easy.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Selling things on the forum...

Thumbs down Re: Selling things on the forum...

Gift - Here is something to consider. Users on this site are a dime a dozen. Whereas advertisers are few and far between. I can assure you that the sysop here needs me much more than he needs you. You are beating a dead horse as you see the people here that come to my defense. Your continuing posting on this thread isn't going to make you any friends. And I will be here a LOT longer than you are.

Paul@justmanuals.com

You are beating a dead horse as you see the people here that come to my defense.
    Yes, quite impressive how many people you've gathered for your defense.

Your continuing posting on this thread isn't going to make you any friends.
    I'm actually not looking for friends here, still I get along fine with the people I've met/discussed about technical issues in other topics or via private message contact. I don't care about rep-points or "like" statsif people are actually able to reply to my posts with qualified replies. Thanks for your concerns though but I'm fine.