Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reputation

Service Manager 250+ Posts Masterchief's Avatar

Exclamation Reputation

Hi Admins

I am a little bit cheezed of to be honest that yesterday my rep power was +3, and i replied to a post about toner cartridges which i taught was spot on and MANUALS4YOU gave me bad rep for bad info which led to -29 rep.

How am i meant to claw back 29 points to break out from the red back to the black.

to be quite frank putting up manuals to buy spam on posts should be negative rep power alone

looking forward to a reply
    Masterchief

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Masterchief View Post
    Hi Admins

I am a little bit cheezed of to be honest that yesterday my rep power was +3, and i replied to a post about toner cartridges which i taught was spot on and MANUALS4YOU gave me bad rep for bad info which led to -29 rep.

How am i meant to claw back 29 points to break out from the red back to the black.

to be quite frank putting up manuals to buy spam on posts should be negative rep power alone

looking forward to a reply
    Masterchief
    If it helps, I don't look at any of those icons. I couldn't give a shit, really.

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    If it helps, I don't look at any of those icons. I couldn't give a shit, really.
    either would i only it seems that +rep =1 and an admin can - as much rep as they want like -32 is a bit harsh TBH.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Well, it's apparent you're not familiar with the forums, so I'll explain a little.

manuals4you is not an admin, the only admin is Aneurysm. If you'd care to look, you'll see that manuals4you is simply a user who has acquired a lot of rep and therefore has a lot of power to add or subtract from another person's rep. If you explore the forums a little more you'll find that (as a single example) BlackCat4866 is in a similar position, there are a few users with a lot of rep.

The gold names indicate the person has donated some funding to CTN, similar to how my name is displayed.
    The fact you had rep taken from you is not admin abuse, something you'll have to take up with the user who subtracted from your rep, or hope someone with a large chunk of rep power could swing you back into the positives. Keep trying to give positive, helpful information and eventually you'll get your rep back, you also get +1 rep power for every 50 posts you have.

I've noticed a decline in +rep or -rep since the like feature was added to CTN, though it could just be that I work in a less distributed brand. There's at least 5-10x more posts per day in the Ricoh/Savin/Lanier/Gestetner and Canon sub-forums than there are in the Sharp sub-forum, which means that there's less opportunities to give a helpful post, especially with my relative inexperience compared to others.

Hopefully this has cleared up some of your misconceptions, good luck in the field!

Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

From viewing your posts you need not be concerned. You'll get plenty of rep just by doing what you do best. =^..^=

If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Thumbs up Re: Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    From viewing your posts you need not be concerned. You'll get plenty of rep just by doing what you do best. =^..^=
    Many Thanks Blackcat

Really Thankfull for that, you just made my day

Masterchief

Angry Re: Reputation

This is getting beyond a joke i swear..... he has done it today again after getting back to +3 Rep

Latest Reputation Received (-22 point(s) total)

manuals4you this is harrasment now, thats 2 times this week alone you have done this, I am not spamming anywhere...
    That Manual Link is a link to a thread started on this site if you bothered to look....
    Think your big with your rep power, Your own post about buying Manuals are spam and everyone agrees there annoying as well....

DUPLICATE POSTS ABOUT PURCHASING MANUALS SHOULD BE BANNED, WE COULD ALL COPY AND PASTE THAT POST TO ADD TO BUILD REP AND ADD TO OUR POST TALLY

GROW FU****G UP

I'm not picking any side in that, he's just trying to make his way like any of us, if I recall correctly he once was one of us as well? (Us being techs).

If seeing one post repeatedly bothers you that much, perhaps you should try harder to avoid looking at them. I've learned that if there's any post that starts with something along the lines of "I don't know", or "I'm new to this", he'll typically post there. I'm sure calling him out isn't going to slow the rep hammer he's swinging however, that thing's pretty stacked.

Agreed But i aint spamming, so why is he doing it.

If I had to chance a guess now, I'd say you pissed him off, and I for one didn't appreciate the spam message. I'm sure you probably sent that to Blackcat as well seeing as he gave you some rep too... Then proceeded to post it in multiple places on the forum.

Granted, in my explanation I had said that you get some rep power for every 50 posts, spamming without cause is just pointless and may potentially make you some enemies in the process. That being said, it's a forum, get over it.