Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Reputation & Rep power

It didn’t get to my attention until last week; red mark and low rep power, thanks to manuals4you.

You gave me -35 for being to lazy to do my own legwork? (were to buy a used IR-5055)

You don't even know where i live , and how difficult it is to get reliable sellers to buy machines from.

We have to import almost everything from mostly the USA including machines parts and supplies.

Sometimes companies don't reply to our quote requests because we live outside the USA.

Thank you,

For your manuals4me.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: Reputation & Rep power

And what about The Netherlands? Curacao is a part of the Netherlands so it must be easy to get machines/parts.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Reputation & Rep power

if you speak politely and provide all pertinent information people will help you.

my advice is to ignore rep points. most red cards are for unfair and arbitrary reasons, like yours.

they should be for unscrupulous activity only but obviously are not.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks for the advice Eric, JR the Netherlands is an option for 220v machines only, we have both 120 and 220v machines on the island and pricing is also an issue considering the Euro vs US Dollar, i am not 100% sure but think the USA is convenient for us taking freigth into consideration.

Thank you both.

Rep is meaningless, don't worry about it; it is just a number and a PNG file. As long as you post meaningful posts, helping others and asking well formed questions, that's all that matters.

Enabling the option to disable reputation per user would be nice (that function does exist on vBulletin).

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Reputation & Rep power

Don't bother. manuals4me also gave me a huge negative rep after I kindly asked for a system software link. I guess, the main purpose might be to sell more PDF files to people who need information.

Keep asking questions and stay polite. If no one may ask for help on this forum (without buying manuals), the entire community will be come useless

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Reputation & Rep power

Thumbs down Re: Reputation & Rep power

Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    Don't bother. manuals4me also gave me a huge negative rep after I kindly asked for a system software link. I guess, the main purpose might be to sell more PDF files to people who need information.

Keep asking questions and stay polite. If no one may ask for help on this forum (without buying manuals), the entire community will be come useless

There was nothing 'kindly' about your post whatsoever
    . No 'please' no 'thank you in advance' no nothing.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Reputation & Rep power

Ahh, yes, you're right: Need service manual for xyz. Can you send it to abc@...

I swear I'll ask more kindly in the future as long as you promise you'll wrap those gifts in paper (as you already offered to someone else).

Anyway, there are still people here who do help, even by sending PMs. And guess what? Sometimes people can help each other.

Now come on, I have still a lot rep to loose ... do as you like!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    Ahh, yes, you're right: Need service manual for xyz. Can you send it to abc@...

I swear I'll ask more kindly in the future as long as you promise you'll wrap those gifts in paper (as you already offered to someone else).

Anyway, there are still people here who do help, even by sending PMs. And guess what? Sometimes people can help each other.

Now come on, I have still a lot rep to loose ... do as you like!

This site is for knowledgeable techs. Most have no problem helping those who help themselves. This is not a manual trade site and real techs don't post firmware openly on the internet. The best way to get help if you are in a place that has limited resources is to explain your situation and someone will most likely PM you and offer help if it involves you wanting someone to give you stuff. We are tired of these post that are "I NEED, GIMME GIMME"
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustManuals.com View Post

There was nothing 'kindly' about your post whatsoever
    . No 'please' no 'thank you in advance' no nothing.
    Please go to manuals4me and 'kindly'pay! ,than 'please' download your manuals and enjoy! 😛😀