Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Firefox and IE will not let me enter an amount to donate to the site

Unhappy Firefox and IE will not let me enter an amount to donate to the site

this is the third time this has happened and its intermittent. very frustrating because I again feel the need to take more time and alert the problem again.

Re: Firefox and IE will not let me enter an amount to donate to the site

If you are running NoScript make sure all scripts are trusted for the page, including those under Untrusted. Allowing scripts globally or temporarily per page sometimes does not work.

Administrator 500+ Posts Aneurysm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simons View Post
    this is the third time this has happened and its intermittent. very frustrating because I again feel the need to take more time and alert the problem again.
    The developer of the donation system we use seems to be gone, I spent some time a few months ago looking into a new system but never settled on one. I guess it's time to get back onto the project. Thank's for the attempt, I'll keep you posted.
    --
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

First attempt today I didn't succeed. Directly after I could select the amount. Both with Firefox. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    If you are running NoScript make sure all scripts are trusted for the page, including those under Untrusted. Allowing scripts globally or temporarily per page sometimes does not work.
    This doesnt help everyone and people who come here, want to donate and dont come back for a month or two. I hope it gets fixed soon for good. I rather everyone be able to donate when they try to. Thanks for the advise though, and no im not running NO SCRIPT.

Quote Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
    The developer of the donation system we use seems to be gone, I spent some time a few months ago looking into a new system but never settled on one. I guess it's time to get back onto the project. Thank's for the attempt, I'll keep you posted.
    Dear Aneurysm, one of the FAQs to consider would be: ''I live in a 3rd world country, I neither have a paypal or visa or one of those electronic accounts as used there. Yet I would like to be a regular contributor and keep sending in my contribution. How can I be helped to send in my contribution? The only easy avenue for me is either through WESTERN UNION, or MONEY GRAM; or alternatively use a friend there in USA or Canada who has a paypal account to pay on my behalf? how can you help us, help donate?