Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Be careful of some Technicians here on this forum.  They will take your money

Cool Be careful of some Technicians here on this forum. They will take your money

Good afternoon fellow Tech's. As you know there is always one or two bad apples that give us a bad name. I like this forum as it helps me and I love to help others. But when somebody takes advantage of others that gets me upset. Long story short I ordered a part from one Tech here on this forum on May 22nd and payed through paypal. As of June 10th I was told it has been shipped. After a while I knew I got taken so I disputed it through paypal and finally yesterday after a month an a half later I finally got my money back from paypal not the tech. So buyers be aware.
    "Broken again"

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Re: Be careful of some Technicians here on this forum. They will take your money

Whom was the seller?? PM me if you don't want to post it...........
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar

Re: Be careful of some Technicians here on this forum. They will take your money

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Whom was the seller?? PM me if you don't want to post it...........
    Wouldn't it be best to share the seller's name so others aren't suckered too?
    Do for one what you wished you could do for everyone. - Andy Stanley

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DWise View Post
    Wouldn't it be best to share the seller's name so others aren't suckered too?
    Agreed!
    I would certainly post the details all over the place if it had happened to me! It serves no real purpose to be vague.
    Greaseballs need to be identified!
    I've done a few deals with others, and it has always been a positive experience - although, they have all been members that have a good standing and relatively lengthy history within the forum.

Was it a tech or an advertiser? Need to know the name.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Okay you are all right. I just had another tech PM me an ask is it Stockman123 and yes it is stockman123.
    "Broken again"

Service Manager 100+ Posts dbrownlee's Avatar

Yep, we had the same problem with him. Sent him a check, it was cashed, and that was all she wrote. Never get replies to pm's or emails. Last we heard was he would check with office after we emailed him a copy of the back of the check with endorsing signature. Boss says only buy parts from established suppliers now.
    GO TIGERS!!

Quote Originally Posted by sagar4 View Post
    Okay you are all right. I just had another tech PM me an ask is it Stockman123 and yes it is stockman123.
    Interesting....
    There should be a "Notes" box when you add someone to your "ignore list", to remind us why we put them there in the first place , because stockman123 was on mine, with countless others - many of which I don't remember why, but they did something to deserve it!
    I've not had any interactions with this guy at all, but after reviewing his posts, I remembered he was simply on there because of his outright arrogance and bad attitude in many of his posts. I guess I can now add Liar and cheat.
    What a prick!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Only buy from advertisers. As for those who been cheated, if the offender is a business and you can find out where they located, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Yes, these people can be banned from the forum, but they will just setup another bogus membership.