Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    hijacked links on CTN

    Tonerbomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bugaha
    Posts
    2,584
    Rep Power
    77

    hijacked links on CTN

    When I try to "like" a post firefox reports a corrupt content error, and won't reload the correct page. The address that is in my address bar of the browser is:
    http://x.vindicosuite.com/click/fbfp...avascript%3A//


    Whats up with this? I also got this trying to access this forum to post this info........................

    Mystic Crystal Revelations

  2. #2
    Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    hijacked links on CTN

    ZOOTECH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Insane Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    80

    Re: hijacked links on CTN

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    When I try to "like" a post firefox reports a corrupt content error, and won't reload the correct page. The address that is in my address bar of the browser is:
    http://x.vindicosuite.com/click/fbfp...avascript%3A//


    Whats up with this? I also got this trying to access this forum to post this info........................
    You weren't bending over when this happened, were you? Because I think you have been screwed!

    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

  3. #3
    The New Guy 1,000+ Posts ruben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: hijacked links on CTN

    Do you mean like these? (Sometimes hijacks the forum links at the top too)



    You can block these if you have NoScript and add sitemeter.com as an untrusted source.


  4. #4
    AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    hijacked links on CTN

    Tonerbomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bugaha
    Posts
    2,584
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: hijacked links on CTN

    when I click like or thank for this post, when the page tries to load I get this:

    Corrupted Content Error

    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.

    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.

    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

    Mystic Crystal Revelations

  5. #5
    AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    hijacked links on CTN

    Tonerbomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bugaha
    Posts
    2,584
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: hijacked links on CTN

    OK I've been scanning my PC and searching for answers on my side, my pc scans do not show any vindico crap on it,but what I have found is that it could be tied to sitemeter on the host side. THE vindico site is registered as the following:

    Registrant Name: Lee Sautia
    Registrant Organization: Vindico LLC
    Registrant Street: 245 5th Ave., 21st Floor
    Registrant City: New York
    Registrant State/Province: New York
    Registrant Postal Code: 10016
    Registrant Country: US
    Registrant Phone: +1.6468332940
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant Fax:
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email: domains@vindicogroup.com

    Mystic Crystal Revelations

  6. #6
    The New Guy 1,000+ Posts ruben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: hijacked links on CTN

    I would also add skimresources.com as an untrusted source. Or, better yet run NoScript in whitelist mode.


  7. #7
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State QLD.
    Posts
    2,518
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: hijacked links on CTN

    Getting the same vindo ... yeah that rubbish. So much for anti-virus ware.
    I can't press any CTN like/thanks buttons at random times, I get redirected.
    Another problem I have an extended advertisment frame that covers half the tablet touch screen.
    If I touch the right half of my tablet touch screen I load adverts... nice....

    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

  8. #8
    Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    hijacked links on CTN

    ZOOTECH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Insane Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    80

    Re: hijacked links on CTN

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    when I click like or thank for this post, when the page tries to load I get this:

    Corrupted Content Error

    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.

    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.

    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
    Is it intermittent? I see you have posted a few "Likes" since this entry. Maybe it was just a 'fly by' hijack.
    Never mind, I just saw teckat's post for the same fault.

    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

  9. #9
    AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    hijacked links on CTN

    Tonerbomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bugaha
    Posts
    2,584
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: hijacked links on CTN

    Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Is it intermittent? I see you have posted a few "Likes" since this entry. Maybe it was just a 'fly by' hijack.
    Never mind, I just saw teckat's post for the same fault.
    Yeah ZOOTECH , I am testing the site tonight and so far it seem's to be Ok. Gave you some love!!! Thank the Aneurism for the help, I guess!!!!!!

    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here