Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DTM

Re: Copytechnet forwarding to another website

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    I'm having the same issue with Firefox that started yesterday May 14, 2015. Redirecting me to the same site but it only happens when I open a website in another tab. Also happens when using IE. I've cleared the cache, restarted etc. In IE when I open another website in a new tab the previous tab gets redirected to this gogardenclub website or I get a 503 error.

Thanks for any help!
    What I'm finding is any website I "open in a new tab" will open but the previous tab will redirect to EducationalGarden (gogardenclub.com). But if I open a new tab and go to the webstie, the previous one stay put with no redirect.

It just happened to me, also!!! Just now! From this web site!

66sqft

Lightbulb My blogger site forwarding to another website

Same thing started happening to two of my blogger sites yesterday.

66 Square Feet (Plus)
    66 Square Feet (The Food)

A redirect occurred only once I opened a new tab, to this: Service Unavailable

Chrome, Firefox do it; but not IE.

My webmaster - Ok, so he's my husband, too - thinks he's traced it to Sitemeter and has disabled it on both blogs for now. We have not reproduced the issue after ditching Sitemeter.

DTM

Re: My blogger site forwarding to another website

Quote Originally Posted by 66sqft View Post
    Same thing started happening to two of my blogger sites yesterday.

66 Square Feet (Plus)
    66 Square Feet (The Food)

A redirect occurred only once I opened a new tab, to this: Service Unavailable

Chrome, Firefox do it; but not IE.

My webmaster - Ok, so he's my husband, too - thinks he's traced it to Sitemeter and has disabled it on both blogs for now. We have not reproduced the issue after ditching Sitemeter.
    I first noticed it on a blogger site but have had it happen on this site as well. I do have sitemeter on my blogs but it does it on other sites as well. It's most noticed when I open a bookmark in a new tab. I've run Malware cleaner and CCCleaner and removed FireFox add ons, Cleared cache's and temp internet files and it continues.

All started yesterday sometime.

Not finding anyone else posting about it yet on any site except this one.

Just now tried being on this site, opening a blogger bookmark in a new tab and then this site tab went to EducationGardens. I'm thinking the 503 error is when a lot of others are crashing the site maybe.. If I click back to this site tab and hit the back button to get out of the garden web site, then the tab I had just opened goes to the garden web site. It's maddening!

DTM

Removed sitemeter on blog. No change. First tab seems to stay put. Second tab seems to stay put, but on opening third and forth tabs when you "open in new tab" number 3 will immediately redirect.

I've started a thread at bleepingcomputers.com looking for help if you want to follow it for help:
    Open in new tab redirect to gogarden website - Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs
    Last edited by DTM; 05-15-2015 at 07:39 PM.

Why is CTN on p2p block lists?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Kind of related, I don't know if any of you guys use it, but last time I downloaded a program from cnet, I got infected. Have read that their site is really bad now. My IT guys won't use it anymore. They reccomend FileHippo.com.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Copytechnet forwarding to another website

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    Removed sitemeter on blog. No change. First tab seems to stay put. Second tab seems to stay put, but on opening third and forth tabs when you "open in new tab" number 3 will immediately redirect.

I've started a thread at bleepingcomputers.com looking for help if you want to follow it for help:
    Open in new tab redirect to gogarden website - Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs
    When I tried the link I got the following from BleepingComputers:
    Sorry, we couldn't find that!

[#10340] You do not have permission to view this topic.

Need Help?

I personally have not yet encountered the problem. I am using Firefox which I keep up to date. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Home (Premium) version 2.1.6.1022. Database is updated daily. I am also running Spybot Search & Destroy Security Center Service and Tray Icon. I have Adblock Plus 2.6.9 as an add-on extension to Firefox.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Copytechnet forwarding to another website

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Kind of related, I don't know if any of you guys use it, but last time I downloaded a program from cnet, I got infected. Have read that their site is really bad now. My IT guys won't use it anymore. They reccomend FileHippo.com.
    I quit using Cnet for downloads about a year ago when Malwarebytes blocked one of their links. Links from http://www.komando.com/downloads are usually safe as she checks them regularly.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I use Firefox and I haven't seen that. But I have Firefox set up to revenge mode with the Noscript and Adblock Edge extensions thanks to morons trying to push unwanted flashy blinky crap across my dial up connection back in the day.