Ricoh SP C222SF drum

I was given a Ricoh SP C222SF with only 4K copies on it, but the Cyan and Magenta drums have a ding in them. I realize the toner cartridge includes the drum and I cannot find a parts manual online, so I am wondering if anyone knows what the drum part number is. It looks similar to other MFP drums, so I imagine I can use one from another unit.Thanks for any assistance!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh SP C222SF drum

Now you know why it was given to you, all you can do is replace the toner cartridges.

I know the drum is interchangeable with another model - I just don't know which one. It is easy enough to remove the drum and if I had a part number I could replace them. Once the drums are replaced the cost per copy (refill toner only) is about 3 cents per page, so I think it's worth repairing. If I have to replace the entire cartridge, then not so much. I got rid of all of my manuals a few years ago, so I have nothing to go on.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The parts manual does not even show the cartridge yet alone a breakdown of parts.

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    The parts manual does not even show the cartridge yet alone a breakdown of parts.
    Perhaps I'm not being clear about my request. I am aware that it is a consumable - what I am looking for is another segment 1 or 2 drum with the same drive gear and circumference. Ricoh used the same type of drum in lots of models and I'm sure that it is available as an individual part, but without service manuals to look at the gear design/specs of the drum I'm dead in the water. I don't really want to pay $100 for two cartridges if I can purchase the drum for $10.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

If I'm not mistaken, the SP C222 MFP and printer versions are not made directly by Ricoh. There isn't a comparable MFP drum from that era since the machine cannot do A3/DLT, which all colour MFP's did. You may be able to find a third-party drum, but then you're stuck guessing how to rebuild the cartridge. You can find genunie toner for these on eBay for anywhere from $50-75 USD, considerably cheaper than buying them directly. I have an SP C232DN in the office and we've purchased all of the cartridges for it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    You may be able to find a third-party drum, but then you're stuck guessing how to rebuild the cartridge.
    Two screws to take the side plate off and the drum will pop out. I know I remember this style of drum in the small B/W copiers & faxes, including the slanted drive gear, but I got rid of those manuals years ago. I have seen the cartridges on Ebay, and I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and replace the entire cartridge.