Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician 50+ Posts spaniel ears's Avatar

Oki ES1624 drum unit reset

Does anyone know the part number for the fuse that resets the drum units on a 1624?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I'll check if I have a parts manual for this. Is that like a crum chip? Thats what Sharp calls them.. OK, I checked out the feeble parts breakdown that came with the service manual and I couldn't locate that fuse. Not sure if it's a separate part, or if it only comes with the drum units. Sorry I couldn't help more.
    Last edited by Holesaletech27; 07-30-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Technician 50+ Posts spaniel ears's Avatar
    Quick update to my own thread, the part number for these fuses is 541-3221 (62 ma), available from RS Components in the UK amongst others, they also reset the drums/transfer belts on OKI ES8460.

You need to rig up a couple of lengths of cable with a crocodile clip on the end of each cable and a hook action test probe on the other ends, stick a fuse between the crocodile clips then attatch the probe to the drum contact hoops in the side frame, they go on the 2 contacts either side of the drum shaft slot in each drum location. On the ES 8460 these are on the right hand side and on the 1624 they're on the left. Leave the lid up and the drum you're reseting out and drop the end of the cable with the clips and fuse on outside the machine, then cheat the top cover door switch. Once reset, stick the old drum back in. In our experience, occasionally for some reason the drum doesn't reset even though the fuse has blown (this is rare though), if so another fuse usually does the trick. The charge rollers on the 8460 in particular need a clean to prevent lines on copies when they've been reset, it's easy enough to do if you're careful.

If you buy 150 fuses you can get them for about 56p each, clean the charge roller as well when you reset or take a replacement drum that has already been cleaned up and you can usually double the length of your drum life without any noticeable loss of copy quality.