Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Toshiba eStudio 506 image defect/distortion

Good Morning, I have a Toshiba eStudio 506 that has image distortion/defects when copying from ADF when running about a 10 to 20 page document. The first few copies are OK, then the problem shows up at random. I did not try to see if problem is there when scanning documents to PC. It does not do it when copying on the glass, although it is not a fair comparison because of "scan once print many".

Do you think a firmware upgrade could correct the problem? I will attempt to upload a sample copy. If you notice on the sample, about an inch from the lead edge there is a 1/4 inch bar from top to bottom and it has random defects in it.

Thanks in advance for any help, Juan
    Attached Files Attached Files

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Toshiba eStudio 506 image defect/distortion

When doing multiple sets, does a abnormal page #2 appear exactly the same in all the sets?

I will be interested in the solution since one of our techs has this exact problem on a 206 (little brother in the same family of machines). During our conversation we discussed firmware, memory, image processing board (system board), and laser (in that order).

Just to totally confuse the topic, I can recall a Sharp Jupiter series machine that did some very strange image quality issues on two sided images only. Sometimes it would reduce or enlarge the image in the sub-scan direction only, variable amounts from 79% to 159%, only on the backside image. Small patches of the image would be missing on the first side, and the missing parts would appear overlayed on the second side of the same page. The cause was the main wiring harness to the CIS that reads the second side. The new harness had twisted pairs, and additional shielding. The eS206 and eS506 use a dual scan document feeder, which essentially rules out any sort of direct comparison.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=