Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: E-Studio 4520C

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    E-Studio 4520C

E-Studio 4520C

Hello people

i just attended a machine with severely depleted black developer, so bad there was barely a coating on the mag roller - the drum, blade, corona & seals are all in very good condition

i checked the machine throughout & couldn't find what would be half a kilo of developer, the client has not noticed any grit on their prints & sadly they recently replaced the waste toner collector, so i couldn't check if it had found its way in there

has anyone any experience with this problem? the drum units are all the same age but the colours have no depletion problem

i intend on simply replacing the developer, but i'd hate to have the client call me back about the same problem in a few months

any pointers would be very much appreciated

thanks in advance

Andy

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    E-Studio 4520C

Re: E-Studio 4520C

That's a pretty typical symptom for that series of machine. Make sure to check that the main charge block doesn't have a broken pin where the needle electrode mounts to it. You can usually tell it's broken if you move the cleaning rod and there's a lot of slack as the cleaner moves back and forth. It will feel very different then moving the other cleaning rods. If that's ok, then you can go ahead and replace developer, grid, and main charge. I always do drum and blade at the same time since they're fairly cheap.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    E-Studio 4520C

Quote Originally Posted by arnh79 View Post
    That's a pretty typical symptom for that series of machine. Make sure to check that the main charge block doesn't have a broken pin where the needle electrode mounts to it. You can usually tell it's broken if you move the cleaning rod and there's a lot of slack as the cleaner moves back and forth. It will feel very different then moving the other cleaning rods. If that's ok, then you can go ahead and replace developer, grid, and main charge. I always do drum and blade at the same time since they're fairly cheap.
    thanks for this - ended up fitting a new imaging unit as developer is not available in Australia

by the way, can you tell me what the codes are for

control panel administrator code
    05 service mode code

thanks heaps

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    E-Studio 4520C

Should still be able to get developer in Aus. I still have it in stock.

You will need the 05 mode to initialize the developer and perform image quality and forced line position adjustments.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    E-Studio 4520C

Quote Originally Posted by jonezy999 View Post
    Should still be able to get developer in Aus. I still have it in stock.

You will need the 05 mode to initialize the developer and perform image quality and forced line position adjustments.
    i couldn't find it anywhere - perhaps i can purchase through you? if so private message me with your info

i entered 05 mode, but it asked for a code - any idea what that code is? i have the service manual but it doesn't seem to provide the code

please advise

thanks heaps

Technician

Hi there can any one help me with the error ca50 in Toshiba e studio 853 how to resolve ? Thanks

E-Studio 4520C

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    i couldn't find it anywhere - perhaps i can purchase through you? if so private message me with your info

i entered 05 mode, but it asked for a code - any idea what that code is? i have the service manual but it doesn't seem to provide the code

please advise

thanks heaps

K Dev p/n 6LH47952000 - D-FC28-K

05-2400 initialize all developers
    05-2401 Y
    05-2402 M
    05-2403 C
    05-2404 K
    05-2406 YMC

05-2742
    05-4719 Both image related adjustments.

Think that's all there is to it from memory.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I think e4520c is EB3 model which is using 3 digit code…
    05-204 for black…

E-Studio 4520C

Quote Originally Posted by didi2005 View Post
    I think e4520c is EB3 model which is using 3 digit code…
    05-204 for black…

Yep, think you are correct. My mistake.