Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Newer Toshiba color

I haven't worked on Toshiba copiers for probably 20 years and as I remember they were not very good at the time. I am wondering if the new Toshiba color copiers are reliable and which models are the better ones and which I should stay away from. I would mostly be interested in the 20-35 page per minute models. Any help will be appreciated.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Newer Toshiba color

Re: Newer Toshiba color

On the 25cpm or less Toshibas mage quality is right up there with Konica Minolta, but the longevity of the supplies is about 1/3, so you'll do a lot more PM's. The console color has replenishing developer, which could conceivably last forever, stretching out those PM cycles. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

For Toshiba colour machine, I will prefer e2540c Ex-Mesh model...So far not much issue...As what blackcat mentioned, u need change rollers, drum, blade, developer accordingly...

If u choose e2550c/e2551c Weisshorn model...then congratulation to you, cosz this model will always surprise you with tons of problems...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Newer Toshiba color

On the latest Toshiba e5055c series of copiers, they work well but it is important that you update the firmware to latest otherwise the HDD tends to crash.

A lot of techs liked the previous e4540c series of copiers but they were very heavy to lift and probably not competitive to manufacture anymore.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Frankly speaking, since I'm the 1 who carry the machine to customer place, I don't mind carry heavy machine that is stable and customer fell happy using it rather than light machine where customer keep complaining...haha

As far as the e/s 5055c series goes, I'm convinced someone lost a bet. Toshiba has seriously taken several steps backwards. Sure their color reproduction is nice but you pay for that in reliability. Serviceability? Don't even get me started...
    And let's not forget the 407cs, well Toshiba I'm still waiting for the punchline...