Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Close Front Door message on eS856, but not what you think

Close Front Door message on eS856, but not what you think

I got involved in the latter stages of this diagnosis. By the time I arrived there was a nice list of 10 loads that are routed through fuse 7 on the power supply which blows. It's had lots of parts including an interlock switch, power supply, and 6 or 7 fuses along the way.

The first thing we did was roam around the machine and unplug various 24vdc motors on our list. I don't remember the whole list but it included new toner motor, recycle toner motor, used toner motor, cleaning unit motor, transfer cam motor, primary cleaner motor, web motor, etc. With the power Off and VOM set to resistance, we measured the load side of the fuse holder to ground: 0.00 ohms. Oops! That's a problem.

Next we started pulling connectors on the Logic PWB. The two connectors that seemed to make a big difference were the LCF optional paper deck (resistance changed to 1K), and the HVT (changed to infinity).

Next we re-connected all the motors, and all the logic PWB connectors excepting the LCF and HVT (gradually settles around 39K ohms). This time the LCF made no difference, not sure why. Maybe a pinched wire or damaged pigtail or connector? The HVT still drags it down to 1K. With the HVT unplugged and another fuse at fuse 7, we made a bunch of perfect (blank) copies, like you might expect.

The new HVT still pulls down the resistance to 1K. So I'm not certain that the HVT was necessary. But this machine no longer lights up fuse 7. Calls like this rarely go in the direction you think it will. I just try to follow wherever the evidence leads. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Close Front Door message on eS856, but not what you think

Often encountered "close front door" message which due to power supply board faulty, switch faulty...

Frankly speaking, almost 10 years in servicing copier...I only know how to use meter to check incoming voltage & connectivity...

Power supply board only check the burn mark and fuses...

Just keep swapping unit by unit to identify problem...