Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-Studio 3520C

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    E-Studio 3520C

E-Studio 3520C

hello people

i just did 3 colour PCU rebuilds (black PCU to be done later as one wrong drum was supplied) - new drum, blade, corona, grid, corona cleaner & developer using Katun bits,, did the calibrations as per the service manual

machine vacuumed, blank lamps cleaned, ITB assy cleaned, laser slit glasses cleaned

596604 prints on the machine - 54k full colour - 5 twin/mono colour - 542k B&W

i'm having problems with lines in the direction of paper travel, most noticeable on light images specially blues, not noticeable at all on dark images

in the sample provided you will notice lines in both directions, one set are from my dirty scanner - the ones i'm concerned about run from the sky to the ground and are in the direction of paper travel

any pointers? do i need to remove the laser unit & clean it up?

please help, i need to finalise this expensive job so i can bill the client

many thanks in advance

Andy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by aAandy; 11-14-2015 at 04:03 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: E-Studio 3520C

Hi:

Doubtful that it is the laser from the sample. I would wait until I perform the K maintenance before being too concerned. Have you gone into Test Print mode?
    Power up in 04 and run the individual halftone tests with code 237 and see if you can isolate the problem to one specific color at least. You can also run codes 219 and 220. If the problem shows up across all colors then it's doubtful that the epu's are the issue. What shape is your 2nd transfer roller in?

Best Regards

Andrew

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    E-Studio 3520C

I agree with gliderider. Black developing could account for the anomalies. We could tell more you printed some 15% fill CMYK samples like in the enclosed document, then scanned them back to this thread.

It is possible, but unlikely that primary or secondary transfer would produce the voids in the feed direction.

One thing that I did not read in your original post: Did you scrub the developer cylinders when the it was empty with a green scrubbie? Toshibas with the smooth developing cylinder tend to experience "developer slip" when the cylinder gets polished shiny. The symptom for that is voids crossfeed on one or more colors. The most convenient time to scuff them up is when the developing unit is empty, but it can be done full of developer also. Just scuff an area the full length of the cylinder, rotate 1/6th of a turn, and continue until you've made it all the way around. Do not concern yourself with the aluminum dust. It's not magnetic and will not affect development. Also did you stir the developers?

Otherwise, I find no fault in your PM procedure. Once you get the black PMed and calibrated, if you still have an issue post back with your scans.
    =^..^=
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    E-Studio 3520C

many thanks for the responses gents

i considered the problem may be due to the black PCU not being done yet,, but thought i'd ask in case i missed something obvious

transfer roller looks good

i didn't see any need to scrub the mag rollers, they were in very good condition with no signs of polishing (though that may not be the case with the black)

i will perform the test prints once the black is done & report back either way

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    E-Studio 3520C

completed the black imaging unit rebuild & calibration, then ran off 231's

yellow is magical
    black is ok
    magenta isn't ok (dark lines instead but no void lines)
    cyan is terrible and produces those void lines in the previous piccy, looks like classic dirty corona

i swapped the cyan & yellow drum units (corona assemblies included) and the problem stayed the with the cyan. Removed, cleaned and re-gapped the cyan Dr blade, checked mag roller surface good, checked developer coating of mag roller good, checked developer movement & mechanical operation good - problem remained identical

i ran out of time, so couldn't fit in any stop tests, to see if the imaging unit latent image is good, or the transfer belt latent image either

cant be the imaging units right? gotta be either primary transfer to the transfer belt, or dust/mirror haze in the lasers no?

piccies to follow later

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    E-Studio 3520C

piccies - A4, lines in direction of travel - 600 by 600 res

black.pdf
    cyan.pdf
    magenta.pdf
    Attachment 31312

E-Studio 3520C

Have you wanded the laser slit glasses? It's usually enough to use the wand in the front door, but if the developer has seriously dumped, occasionally it is necessary to vacuum the area first, then wand the slit glasses. The cyan needs it most. =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    E-Studio 3520C

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Have you wanded the laser slit glasses? It's usually enough to use the wand in the front door, but if the developer has seriously dumped, occasionally it is necessary to vacuum the area first, then wand the slit glasses. The cyan needs it most. =^..^=
    more times than i can count lol and the problem remains 100% identical - no changes to the position or width of the void lines, no matter what i've done thus far

i'll be returning tomorrow to check the latent images & let them guide me - bad latent image on drum & i'll dismantle/clean the laser - good latent image on drum & i'll attack the transfer belt assembly

p.s. before i did any work on the machine, the magenta developer was depleted and producing the wavy effect you get with a lack of dev - i'd hate for the machine to dump dev into the waste toner again, what should i be looking for/checking?

E-Studio 3520C

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    p.s. before i did any work on the machine, the magenta developer was depleted and producing the wavy effect you get with a lack of dev - i'd hate for the machine to dump dev into the waste toner again, what should i be looking for/checking?
    The diagonal voids you saw in the magenta developer is the entirely normal result of failing developer. No other cause. In about 60K color copies you'll see it again, I'm sure. If your customer ignores the voids, eventually the patches will be so poorly developed that you'll get CA00 or CE40 codes. If you arrive with a CA00 on the screen, immediately pull the primary transfer belt and look at the patches. You'll be able to see which color(s) are developing poorly. =^..^=

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    E-Studio 3520C

It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.