Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts excanonguy's Avatar

C370 error on a 3540c

The troubleshooting guide in the manual for this error says to do a sensor check on the "release detection sensor", I can find no other reference to this sensor in the manual, and in typical Toshiba fashion there is no Sxx identification for the sensor in the troubleshooting description...this particular copier has been a nightmare since we took over the service on it last year, we have replaced about 10 sensors for all kinds of weird problems ,the ever reliable CO-10813000, so I feel its likely a sensor issue as opposed to the belt motor...anyone have an idea what this sensor is called or where its located? Any help greatly appreciated!

Re: C370 error on a 3540c

I think its S15 , the manual says to check J578 and that is the only sensor associated with it according to the schematic, I will update after I go look at it tomorrow, different part # though F0-1048000 not the C0-10813000.....

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

Have not worked on toshiba since the 3500c family.
    This reminds me of a clutch issue and a sensor issue from back then.
    the clutch is in the rear behind everything. the sensor was (on the 3500c models) right near the front of the lift assembly.

HTH
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    Have not worked on toshiba since the 3500c family.
    This reminds me of a clutch issue and a sensor issue from back then.
    the clutch is in the rear behind everything. the sensor was (on the 3500c models) right near the front of the lift assembly.

HTH
    Its definitely the sensor - it is inside the transfer belt unit. There was a bad batch of Sharp sensors and Toshiba used them everywhere. The failure prone sensors are lot # A18. A 3540c machine has 24 sensors, and the finisher if equipped has 18 I believe. Almost a 2 day job for 1 tech to do.

Quote Originally Posted by bryand View Post
    Its definitely the sensor - it is inside the transfer belt unit. There was a bad batch of Sharp sensors and Toshiba used them everywhere. The failure prone sensors are lot # A18. A 3540c machine has 24 sensors, and the finisher if equipped has 18 I believe. Almost a 2 day job for 1 tech to do.
    the

Thanks for the reply, one of the other techs swapped the T-belt assy just before Christmas and they haven't called back yet , so I will replace the sensor and put the original belt unit back in, was there other part numbers besides the C0-10813000 included in the bad batch?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

You need to check the lot number on the sensor. If you look down from the top of the sensor on the opposite end of the white connector the lot # is stamped in 3 circles. You'll need good eyes or a magnifying glass 😄. If it is A18 then it is bad. 4540c series, 556 series, 6550c adf, mr3018,3021,3022, mj1101 finishers, pedestals etc can have them, anything from 2012. We typically bring the 4540c machines to the shop and replace the sensors all at once or else it result in way too many service calls.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C370 error on a 3540c

Quote Originally Posted by excanonguy View Post
    the

Thanks for the reply, one of the other techs swapped the T-belt assy just before Christmas and they haven't called back yet , so I will replace the sensor and put the original belt unit back in, was there other part numbers besides the C0-10813000 included in the bad batch?
    The new number we're using is: 6LJ52503000
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by bryand View Post
    You need to check the lot number on the sensor. If you look down from the top of the sensor on the opposite end of the white connector the lot # is stamped in 3 circles. You'll need good eyes or a magnifying glass ��. If it is A18 then it is bad. 4540c series, 556 series, 6550c adf, mr3018,3021,3022, mj1101 finishers, pedestals etc can have them, anything from 2012. We typically bring the 4540c machines to the shop and replace the sensors all at once or else it result in way too many service calls.
    Thanks! We took over the machine for Toshiba from another dealership that couldn't fix it just last year so I don't really know the prior history, but one thing I can say is ive changed more photo sensors on this machine than I did in 18 years of servicing Canon copiers lol!