Print missing from forms on es5560

This machine is leaving text off the page when it prints. Certain forms printed off the internet (payroll stubs) leaves the pay info blank. Four work stations all do the same thing. Another 5560 in a different dept. prints the form fine as does a 5550 just around the corner. Changed drivers, reloaded firmware, cloned from another 5560, reset factory defaults- no change. Still leaves areas blank.
    Any clues where to look next? Toshiba support throughout- they have no clue.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by mmtdrk; 06-24-2016 at 08:31 PM.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Print missing from forms on es5560

This is just a wild guess, but make sure the software on the computer producing the print jobs is up to date, or exists.
    Something like this happened to me recently, and I could have sworn I had the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader on the computer I was using. But it wasn't there. D'oh.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Print missing from forms  on es5560

Two thoughts:

1) HTML docs (web pages) can produce some very strange print results. If it's not already a PDF, I'd recommend converting the webpage to a PDF before printing. If there is a print command button nested into the webpage, you may get better results by using it.

2) Just today I worked on an eS3530C that was producing what looked like a black laser diode failure (blank areas in the main scan direction, intermittently) but for one very strange inconsistency: It only affected certain typestyles!! If there were two or more type styles on a page, only black and only certain specific typestyles vanished. I determined this by examining the dot pattern in the composite black parts of the image. Black only type vanished. Composite black type had black dots in the pattern, even alongside vanishing black only text. The logic board resolved this one, after trying the laser unit. Here's the qualifier: I don't order up a logic board every time I get a quality problem.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

I had the same sort of problem with the "variable" data not printing on a Ricoh machine a few years back.

Turned out the issue was a setting in their Web browser (I.E.), but I don't remember just what it was.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Technician

Ask the end user to use Chrome instead of IE and monitor this. It's more than likely a setting in IE.

Also if you connect you're laptop to the MFD locally, does it print the reports okay? If so, could be an issue on there network.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

We were doing a massive setup on the 3055's when they just released new firmware, (2171), within a day of downloading the new firmware, our trainer discovered the calendar available from the samples on Toshiba's website wasn't printing out the words. It turned out when they came out with the new hard drive firmware they somehow damaged the print firmware so if the documents required more then one pass, it would omit the second pass, usually the words. About a month later they released the newest firmware (2173), and that corrected the problem.

My suggestion is to update the firmware to the most current and that should correct your issue.

A solution was found!

Toshiba directed the tech to clear values using 08-7300 (Clears adjustment values of all image process 05/08 codes (related to NW print)) and 08-7301 (Clears all the gamma correction table values (related to NW print)).

Then do a gamma adjustment.

Problem solved! Thanks for yall your comments.

mm