mixtape7

Angry ADI HDD to SATA or SSD??

Hi guys.I would like to know is there any possibility to replace SATA HDD or SSD on the copier?

Because the ADI HDD always broken just over the warranty period and price is expensive.

It really annoys me..THX!!

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

Re: ADI HDD to SATA or SSD??

Either the service manual or tech bulletin tells how to turn off the adi feature allowing the use of a normal hdd.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    ADI HDD to SATA or SSD??

Re: ADI HDD to SATA or SSD??

You haven't mentioned exactly what models you have in mind, but the short answer is No. The eS355/455 was the transition model in which the early ones came with a SATA drive, then the later ones came with the Wipe drive. If it came with a SATA you can replace it with a SATA or a Wipe drive. Once a Wipe drive has been installed you cannot go back to SATA drive. So if you see a Wipe drive installed, that's what you have to replace it with. Also keep in mind that Toshiba came up with a firmware level intended to make the Wipe drives last longer, though in my humble opinion it has made no difference whatsoever.

I think the fault lies in the basic concept. At the conclusion of each copy or print job the image data on the HDD is overwitten, so it works exactly twice as hard as a drive that only clears the registry when the job is complete. I think the copier industry has massively overreacted to the security concerns of someone stealing proprietary data. A very large portion of the images from my machines are colored on by elementary school students. Very secure information!?! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=