Technician

Fuse not blowing and resetting counts

Hello

I have a estudio 347csl and it is showing the message 'belt unit life', so we replaced the belt unit and nothing happened so we thought that it might be a faulty belt unit, we put in another belt unit but it still has the same message. I checked the board that the belt unit sits on and it has continuity, tested the continuity of the ribbon cable and wiring loom that should cause the fuse to blow and the are fine. Looked at the power supply board didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Has anyone had the same issue.

Thanks

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Fuse not blowing and resetting counts

Was the power OFF during the changing of the belt? The reset occurs during the initialization of the MFP, so if you didn't turn the power OFF it doesn't initialize, and doesn't reset the counter. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Was the power OFF during the changing of the belt? The reset occurs during the initialization of the MFP, so if you didn't turn the power OFF it doesn't initialize, and doesn't reset the counter. =^..^=
    Yeah had the MFP turned off both times we changed the belt. We are ordering a relay board, soo we shall see how it goes.

Service Technician

First thing is first.

*rant
    Seriously, F#*K the 347 and its design ( Oki Box ). What kind of dougnut thought it would be a great idea to tuck the toner sensor board right in the arse of the machine. I mean i've never had to go to that length just to remove a dammed board with bullshit spring's of which there are god dammed numerous contact points .... sorry, had to replace the toner sensor board in a machine only last week and it got me fired right up in the workshop.

As for the fuse not blowing, blackcat is spot on. MFD needs to be completely off for it to trip. Also, if its a machine that you arn't familiar with, or has come from somewhere, just check in the maintenance mode that the ITB sensor hasn't been turned off or altered.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Did you check the bottom of the transfer belt unit and check the fuse for continuity. Did the fuse actually blow. If it did and still didn't reset all is not lost.
    I have been using fuses that I found on the internet to allow me to reuse the transfer belt after disassembling and cleaning it. Once this is done you can re-
    use good transfer belts. I would order some fuses and try resetting the new transfer belt properly as stated in previous posts. You can also get reset fuses
    for the drum units.

Andrew

Technician

Wink Re: Fuse not blowing and resetting counts

Hello readers,

just wanted to let you know how it went in the end. So we ordered the relay board and put the mc back together and tested it and no luck the relay board did not fix it. So we spoke to toshiba and they quietly spoke to oki and they said that the PU board can fail and it would be best to replace the PU board. So we ordered a PU board and put it in the mc. The mc is now working again and the replace transfer belt message is now gone and the mc is printing fine. (we were told the PU board is what sends the signal for the fuse to blow and its via the ribbon cable going to the relay board not the wiring loom that goes to the PSU via the relay board)

just wanted to say thanks for all the help.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Thanks for posting back. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=