Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    e477s Blank pages

e477s Blank pages

I have a e477s Toshiba/Okidata that passes paper A-Ok, has two month old Drum unit, new fuser and new toner but will not copy/print an image on the page. FW V2163 latest. 109k clicks. We can scan OK.

We started with a black toner sensor error and can confirm via the service codes that the toner sensor is working. We turned off the toner sensor but no change.

Looking at the front of the copier we cleaned all of the contact points on the left inside and inspected the four spring connectors on the right side and they seem all ok.Thanks,

Re: e477s Blank pages

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I have a e477s Toshiba/Okidata that passes paper A-Ok, has two month old Drum unit, new fuser and new toner but will not copy/print an image on the page. FW V2163 latest. 109k clicks. We can scan OK.

We started with a black toner sensor error and can confirm via the service codes that the toner sensor is working. We turned off the toner sensor but no change.

Looking at the front of the copier we cleaned all of the contact points on the left inside and inspected the four spring connectors on the right side and they seem all ok.Thanks,
    Did you check your LED printhead?

e477s Blank pages

From the Other Okidata forum:

Had the same thing happen on a MB721 printer. Same engine as the MB760 but just a printer. I changed out the LED print head with no joy, Then the high voltage unit no joy again, Finally ended swapping out the main PCB board and that cured the problem. I would try the LED head first as it is the easiest

Good luck!

e477s Blank pages

Yes, I got the same advice from Toshiba tech support. I am going to change out the 8PC main board. $275.00 Ouch! and a lot of connectors to disconnect and reconnect. I have a parts machine to swap parts with before I buy the board. The customer has a loaner so I will put this off till after the holidays.

e477s Blank pages

I was at the customer with a used 8PU board in hand that took me 30 minutes to get out of a parts copier. Before I ripped the copier apart, I checked the print head. Sure enough, the print head was flipped up. I am sure I checked this before but when I flipped the print head down and tested the copier I got good quality black prints. It took two guys to lug my loaner e477 up and down a fire escape twice plus a few hours of mental time trying to interpret a less than great Toshiba/ Okidata service manual.

Thanks,

misto99

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I was at the customer with a used 8PU board in hand that took me 30 minutes to get out of a parts copier. Before I ripped the copier apart, I checked the print head. Sure enough, the print head was flipped up. I am sure I checked this before but when I flipped the print head down and tested the copier I got good quality black prints. It took two guys to lug my loaner e477 up and down a fire escape twice plus a few hours of mental time trying to interpret a less than great Toshiba/ Okidata service manual.

Thanks,
    I have the same issue. What do you mean by the print head?

Quote Originally Posted by misto99 View Post
    I have the same issue. What do you mean by the print head?
    "Sure enough, the print head was flipped up. I am sure I checked this before but when I flipped the print head down and tested the copier I got good quality black prints." Bad design from OKi. Happened when customer tried to remove jam, its print head was flipped up. Flipped it back down and its problem will be gone.

e477s Blank pages

See page 50/769 of the Service Manual Hardware guide. I am mistakenly describing the LED Assembly as a print head.