Thread: es 457 confused

Senior Tech 100+ Posts riyadh hossainbd's Avatar

es 457 confused

Hi friends
    In workshop one of my es 457 copier has no sys board, hdd, and lgc board . So I collect used hdd, sys, and logic board from three places. plz suggest me which procedure I have to follow to run copier

Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar

Re: es 457 confused

Quote Originally Posted by riyadh hossainbd View Post
    Hi friends
    In workshop one of my es 457 copier has no sys board, hdd, and lgc board . So I collect used hdd, sys, and logic board from three places. plz suggest me which procedure I have to follow to run copier
    You may need to give more info; it sounds like you already put the 3 boards into the machine and it still won't work? Does it light up? Are all three parts from same serial number range of machine as yours?

MANY brands have different revisions of boards that are NOT compatible with each other. Xerox, Samsung, Toshiba, ALL. You'd better get some service info from a TOSHIBA tech. and make sure you have the right stuff. Some boards also need chips removed from bad board and moved to replacement boards!

I've had to just give up and strip machines for the remaining parts when the PWB's were too expensive to buy new or used. Hopefully a TOSH guy will see your post, sorry, I never work on them since analog days! Not my fave brand since I still get analog nightmares!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts riyadh hossainbd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mjunkaged View Post
    You may need to give more info; it sounds like you already put the 3 boards into the machine and it still won't work? Does it light up? Are all three parts from same serial number range of machine as yours?

MANY brands have different revisions of boards that are NOT compatible with each other. Xerox, Samsung, Toshiba, ALL. You'd better get some service info from a TOSHIBA tech. and make sure you have the right stuff. Some boards also need chips removed from bad board and moved to replacement boards!

I've had to just give up and strip machines for the remaining parts when the PWB's were too expensive to buy new or used. Hopefully a TOSH guy will see your post, sorry, I never work on them since analog days! Not my fave brand since I still get analog nightmares!
    yes I already put 2 boards with hdd and those serial number are different from each other. Unfortunately I have not old SRAM Board and EEPROM. I have not yet power on.now what should to do??? plz help

Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar

You just answered your own question sort of-you still need those missing parts, and once everything is together, you have nothing to lose by turning it on, but don't bother until you have all the the parts/chips/memory. It may work, it may not. Probably won't fry unless you did something seriously wrong, it just won't work. AT that point you'll have to get help from someone who works on that model either at a dealer or independent? That's all I have, hopefully someone else who knows the model/line will pick up your question.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    es 457 confused

You're screwed.

This Toshiba (like most others) stores the machine data in 3 locations: The SRAM, the Logic Board and the System Board. The manual tells you that you must change only one board at a time. The machine will recognize the same data in two locations, then overwrite the mismatched data in the third location. If the data is different in all three locations, no two locations will match.

The end. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Confused & Bewildered 250+ Posts sdrawkcab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    You're screwed.
    x2
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If the SYS board & LGC board is same region, u might have a chance to restore the SRAM data...