Technician

Unsupported PDL error

hello all,

I have a e-Studio2051c at a customers location and when you send any document job to the MFD, after the document has finished printing one extra pages prints out and written on it is 'Error: Unsupported PDL error' nothing else. The print driver is installed on a server and is shared out, the print driver they are using is the 'universal 2' driver from the toshiba website. I have installed the same print driver on a local PC after testing, it still prints out the same error page. I firmware updated the MFD to the latest version '2171'. The local PC is running windows 10 64bit, i plugged my work laptop directly to the MFD and installed the same print driver. I did not get a error page from the work laptop.

I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I am not sure if it is windows related of toshiba print driver related.

thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Unsupported PDL error

This is related to corrupted driver on PC...

Small trick u can try, change the printer driver spool print to print directly.
    printdirectly.jpg

If above trick cannot solve the issue, u might need to uninstall all previous Toshiba printer driver on the PC before u reinstall new driver...

Technician

Thanks for the reply,

I will give that a try, I have also asked Toshiba and they said that you can turn off the error page with an 08 code. It looks like firmware from what I was told so we will have to wait and see when they release that firmware.

08-8754: Output of error sheet at reception of PDL data not supported
    0: Disabled
    1: Enabled

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jerryl View Post
    Thanks for the reply,

I will give that a try, I have also asked Toshiba and they said that you can turn off the error page with an 08 code. It looks like firmware from what I was told so we will have to wait and see when they release that firmware.

08-8754: Output of error sheet at reception of PDL data not supported
    0: Disabled
    1: Enabled

Latest firmware 2180 resolve above issue.

ultrakyo

Quote Originally Posted by toshibaestudio View Post
    Latest firmware 2180 resolve above issue.
    Hi, I am facing similar issue with 2051c printer with my Mac but it is working fine using my work computer. Do you mind sharing the firmware with me please?

Need this urgently.

Thank you!