Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: SPC messgae on C6530

All ,grids and saw tooth's have been replaced and it did not change , I was able to run a calibration through the user mode for copy, 300dpi and 1200 dpi , it made black a little better but not the colors. I still can not make 05-2742, Other things that don't seem to work are the counter codes for resetting life counts in 08, and under user there is suppose to be a way of entering a user service mode but that's not there either. I think I have ruled out everything drum related , Still can not figure out how to release the drum potential sensor holder so it can pivot up. I have attached pics so if anyone can better direct by drawing an arrow that would be great !

I was able to print a page using S9 mode and the developer counts for each of the consumables is no more than 67K , of course that could just mean that counters were reset but parts not changed . The unit has 1,8 mill plus on it.

I can also be fighting bad DV but the DV brushes look OK or after market toner .

I have the C6560 manual , hard to believe the codes and way of doing things are that much different ,
    Last do you know what the default admin code is ?

potenial sensor.jpgpotential sensor holder 1.jpgpotential sensor holder 2.jpg

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    SPC messgae on C6530

The software side of the eS6560CT is vastly different than the 6530C. Toshiba transitioned from 3 digit simulation codes on the 6530 to 4 digit simulation codes on the 6560. None of the codes are the same. And the Service User Interface is not on the 6530, never was.

The picture is a little small, but if you use a small flat blade screwdriver, gently pry tip toward the back:

Release.JPG

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thank You again Black cat , I will get the correct manual .

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Down the Toshiba C6530 rabbit hole again today, I am getting an education on this one.
    Thank You Black cat for the picture I was able to lift the stay over the drum but the drum surface potential is facing out other than what looks like a drum thermistor I don't see another sensor in that area.
    Now I have the correct manual so simulations make a lot more sense , However the more I learn about this unit the more questions I have.
    #1 , I discovered Simulation 08-2561 , drum surface potential control setting was already disabled which make sense because when you enable it and try to run 05-396 Automatic init of image quality , you get a SC-CE20 which indicates a bad image quality sensor issue ( Shutter or Sensor ) , The shutter moves free have not tested the solenoid in simulation yet.
    If you disable 08-2561 and run 05-396 you get an drum potential K error ( Top row so not the drum potential shutter not opening)
    All readings in 05-390 are below the 628 threshold, Y= 403, M=353, C=391,K=354 so they are all low and no one of them is far from the other.
    running 05-396 with both 08-556 and 08-2561 disabled , which is what you are suppose to do with low reading and the unit does nothing goes right back to "A" as soon as you hit start.
    Basically none of the tests that you can run for the conditions that are happening seem to give you a definitive answer to the problem.

Writing this I noticed in the book manual adjustments for back grounding , should I take a shot at those seeing as 08-2561 is already disabled ?

I also think I am dealing with a different issue , Attached are sample prints of simulation 04-270 , the banding is on the transfer belt when I open the unit , this is before and after the transfer belt and transfer cleaning blade have been replaced. It almost seems like the transfer belt cleaning blade is not wiping the belt with enough pressure to clean the belt. But it also does not explain where the banding is coming from.
    When the blade assembly is put into place are the white holders on top suppose to lock it in or does it float and another cam lifts it into place and add the pressure ? Toshiba Samples.pdfToshiba Samples.pdf

Thanks all who might have an answer.

SPC messgae on C6530

I don't like the way the yellow patch bends. I'm trying to visualize how the yellow patch might warp.

The primary transfer belt might be tracking off to one side ... but that would affect the other colors too. Perhaps the primary belt frame is loose/wobbling at the yellow/magenta end, causing the background in your scans. The belt unit rests on four posts: perhaps one is bent or not lined up?

Or the yellow drum unit:Is it seating in the imaging drawer securely? If it were wobbling it might nudge the belt or shift against the primary transfer belt from below. Have you swapped the yellow drum assembly with the black temporarily? What changes?

I also don't like the absence of the black patch. Do you get black images of internal reports or internal test patterns? If you swap out drum potential sensors, do the errors change? =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

All great questions and more suggestions of things to look into.
    I was very cautious about reinstalling the belt so as not to screw up a $350.00 part I saw the pin on the back side near the black drum, I looked for the mount on the yellow side but did not see any type of aligning pin I will look again. Book does not show how to set it back in.
    I am looking at the sample yellow and I don't see the bend possible it happened when I scanned in the sample. I looked back and it does looked scewed in the scan sample but the original is straight.
    I did not know you could swap drums , they have a color coded dot so I thought they were specific to the slot they are in.
    Can I swap drum potential sensors as well ?
    The unit prints a very nice counter page , with a very little shadow. so I guess that's an internal print.
    I did not pick up on the fact that there was no black patch on the K page , that is an interesting observation. is it suppose to ?
    Again this goes to my ignorance on what the unit is suppose to do.

Does the transfer cleaning blade float a little ? Is that normal ?

SPC messgae on C6530

Quote Originally Posted by wild140 View Post
    ... I did not know you could swap drums , they have a color coded dot so I thought they were specific to the slot they are in...
    Yes you can swap drum assemblies. There will be a small amount of cross contamination of toner colors, but nothing that won't work itself out with use. Also pay attention to the drum waste shutter(s). They are easily damaged.

... Can I swap drum potential sensors as well ?...
    Yes. I recommend that you try it. You'll have to do a little more disassembly of the front of the imaging drawer to get to the wiring. The toner hopper assembly comes out as one big awkward, messy piece. 4 connectors, and a dozen or so black plastic snaps. Start at the yellow end, and work your way around. It fits tightly, so you'll have to do some struggling and subtle prying. Watch for changes in your error codes (was black, now cyan...).

... The unit prints a very nice counter page , with a very little shadow. so I guess that's an internal print.
    I did not pick up on the fact that there was no black patch on the K page , that is an interesting observation. is it suppose to ?
    Again this goes to my ignorance on what the unit is suppose to do...
    Yes it's supposed to have a black patch, and that's what concerns me the most. If it's able to maintain color calibration, and print black text, but cannot make a black toner density patch (and consequently cannot maintain toner density), that tells me that the System board is not telling the laser to write that patch.

The SYS board is a difficult board to install. On most Toshiba machines the machine's "identity data" is stored in three locations: on the SYS board, on the LGC board, and on the SRAM. The machine can recover if the data is different at only one of the three locations. The machine cannot recover is that data is different in all three locations. There are several pages of instructions on how to export and import data. You want to read that part of the manual closely before starting. And have the latest firmware available.

Maybe I'm overreacting here. How did you get these prints? I'm assuming that you removed the primary transfer belt cleaner unit temporarily. If that's the case, maybe the LTR paper just missed the patch on the belt (belt = 60", paper = 8 1/2"). If there really was no patch you would have add toner and toner density issues, and you haven't said anything about that yet.

... Does the transfer cleaning blade float a little ? Is that normal ?
    Yes it's normal for the primary transfer cleaning unit to fit loosely when the belt is outside the machine. There are leaf springs on the main frame that apply pressure to the primary transfer cleaning unit as it's inserted into the machine. Even then, there is not a lot of pressure. As long as you aren't getting in brown anomalies on you images (the color of primary transfer waste), don't worry about it.

I'm glad that that yellow patch is not bent. I can see how that might have happened in scanning. One less thing to worry about. =^..^=