Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

SPC messgae on C6530

Black drum potential is low , I think the shutter is not opening on the potential sensor. Where is the shutter located ?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    SPC messgae on C6530

Re: SPC messgae on C6530

The drum potential sensors are mounted on the metal bracket that swings down over the developing unit(s). There is a plastic snap release at the rear that allows each bracket to swivel up towards the front. No major disassembly of the imaging drawer is required (not that that stopped me the first time).

Which one needs cleaning? Check the following locations for abnormal sensor readings: 05-2780-0, 1, 2, 3 and 08-2560-0, 1, 2, 3. Normal values = 0. Abnormal values = 2 or 3).

Clean SPC for the desired color, and check that shutter works properly. To reset error: 08-2560-0, 1, 2, 3 set to 0.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Black Cat , Thank you for the information.
    I was able to get rid of the SPC Message it took two tries. However The original issue is still the same .
    I am getting shadows in the middle of the page on Black, Cyan and Magenta and the unit will not run simulation 2742 , it does run other simulations . I thought it was because of that SPC code
    I changed all of the grids but not the charge corona saw tooth. Any reason you can think of that it wont run that sim ?

SPC messgae on C6530

Let's see an image quality sample:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I will print these on the unit when I get back that way. Probably Wednesday , Do you know where I might be able to pick up a used drum unit for this model ? I need the small wire harness between the end of the unit and the discharge lamps for the yellow unit. I pulled a lead out trying to get the connector off.
    Also I am having trouble identifying the "clip" to lift the drum potential rails up. Not a great pic in the SM or Parts book. When I slide the drums out it looks like the shutters are already open so I cleaned the sensors. , none of them moved freely and I was not about to force them . Is that normal that they would be open ? Did I mention it was 3 (K) that had the error ? Thank you again for your assistance

SPC messgae on C6530

Quote Originally Posted by wild140 View Post
    ... I need the small wire harness between the end of the unit and the discharge lamps for the yellow unit. I pulled a lead out trying to get the connector off.
    It is a miniscule connector. I'll look to see if I have anything.

... Also I am having trouble identifying the "clip" to lift the drum potential rails up. Not a great pic in the SM or Parts book. When I slide the drums out it looks like the shutters are already open so I cleaned the sensors. , none of them moved freely and I was not about to force them . Is that normal that they would be open ? Did I mention it was 3 (K) that had the error ? Thank you again for your assistance
    You wont be able to see the potential control sensors or shutters very well until you swing the bracket up. There's a feature toward the right side of where the bracket touches the rear white plastic. press down with a small flat blade on the white plastic catch and it releases easily. You'll kick yourself once you figure it out.

It's kinda hard to describe. =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

samples03232017_00000.pdf

Black Cat , not sure how to attach files with this format , Hope this works if not please PM me @ wild140sd@yahoo.com and I can send that way .
    The samples don't show the shadow as well as expected . best in black where you can see the middle is darker than the edges.
    Any luck coming up with that small harness ? samples03232017_00000.pdf

SPC messgae on C6530

samples03232017_00000.pdf

Black Cat , not sure how to attach files with this format , Hope this works if not please PM me @ wild140sd@yahoo.com and I can send that way .
    The samples don't show the shadow as well as expected . best in black where you can see the middle is darker than the edges.
    Any luck coming up with that small harness ? samples03232017_00000.pdf
    In the last day, I saw a thermistor with the right connector that you could splice onto your harness. The problem is, my fragmentary memory won't recall where I saw it. If you want the connector (and if I can find it again), PM to me a destination mailing address.

That's really crappy image quality. Were it me, I would start by cleaning the laser slit glasses. Then I would examine the 4 mag rollers to determine if you have good developer coverage on the roller. Between cleaning the laser slit glasses and changing developer, then doing a color calibration, that should resolve most of your quality issues. =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

I agree with backcat i would also check the drum counts and do all epu kits, looks like charge grids and sawtooths are really dirty

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thank You Luther and Black cat again for your advice , I did replace the grids. but not the saw tooths yet. I have them, so that is next. The DV "brush" does not look weak on any of the DV units. One of my concerns is it will not run the 2742 simulation , I thought it was because of the SPC message but that was reset and it still does not run. It is suppose to go into a "WAIT" cycle and run the calibration but this unit does nothing. The drum potential reading on black is low.
    I swapped the yellow drum for black but that did not help .Last in the mix of all this and to compound the issue I pulled a lead out of the very small connector on the yellow drum unit discharge lamp. So I am looking for either that small harness or just a connector that size I can splice back in.
    Black Cat , My e-mail is wild140sd@yahoo.com if you want to PM me with your e-mail address I can send you my physical address to send the connector if you can find one. Thank You Both again