Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Toshiba 4520C Calibration

Hi
    I just replaced all four Developers in a 4520C And need to calibrate. I was told by another tech that the service address was 05-200 Which I did and it seemed to do a calibration but I have no colors? It don't seem toner made it into developer? Am I using wrong service mode address? Can some let me the correct address to calibrate all four developers
    thanks

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Toshiba 4520C Calibration

How can you have no colors, and not error CA00 or CE40?

Back up a little. What exactly did you do, step by step?

Perhaps you installed developing units, but no developer? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    How can you have no colors, and not error CA00 or CE40?

Back up a little. What exactly did you do, step by step?

Perhaps you installed developing units, but no developer? =^..^=
    Customer called for Ce30 I believe. Whatever the code was the Magenta primary charge rear post broke , causing code and all the Magenta developer to deplete. I went back with necessary
    parts to repair block and all four developers. Cleaned out each developer unit and poured in new developer. Went into 05 service mode ran 200. Machine cycled for a while , toner light blinking , and values for each dv unit flashing until it was done. I believe all the values were around 150 . Restart machine . Go to make copys and theres no color? toner never seemed to make it into developers. Black seems fine. No error codes. if you physically look at color dvs you can see no toner in them? This is my first time working on this machine as it is a new customer. I'm thinking I used wrong dv calibration address?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

When you install the developer mix it already has the correct amount of toner mixed into it and that is what the 05/200 is calibrating to. Even with the toner cartridges removed you still should get color copies.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

ATS for color is as follows:

Depending on the firmware level you can ATS all three colors at the same time by using 05-205 or if that is not available then you will have to do them individually 05-201 is y 202 is m and 203 is c. Once these have completed successfully then perform 05-396 then when that completes 05-4719. Then press 4 then the fax key. This will generate a color calibration chart. Place this on the glass up against both scales with the two black rectangles facing the scales. then key in 1642. Then press 70 fax and place the chart in the same position, but key in 1008. Once you're done with that just power back up in regular mode.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gliderider View Post
    ATS for color is as follows:

Depending on the firmware level you can ATS all three colors at the same time by using 05-205 or if that is not available then you will have to do them individually 05-201 is y 202 is m and 203 is c. Once these have completed successfully then perform 05-396 then when that completes 05-4719. Then press 4 then the fax key. This will generate a color calibration chart. Place this on the glass up against both scales with the two black rectangles facing the scales. then key in 1642. Then press 70 fax and place the chart in the same position, but key in 1008. Once you're done with that just power back up in regular mode.
    I Actually replaced all 4 developers. And did 05-200. That seems to calibrate all 4 . I Didn't do 05-396. Do I need to do this to lock in ? Because after everything is done I put toners in
    machine restart and the copies come out off, just no color. i noticed when I put developer in machine each color looked like it was light on toner? Is machine suppose to add toner after calibration? Or is there enough toner in developer that even without adding toner I should get a good copy? I know some machines the developer has a mixture of toner and developer in it and it calibrates the machine to accept this as the proper mix. And other machines the developer isn't fully loaded with toner and after calibrating Developer machine will add toner to a specific level. Im not sure of this model because this is the first time I'm replacing Developer in one.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    I Actually replaced all 4 developers. And did 05-200. That seems to calibrate all 4 . I Didn't do 05-396. Do I need to do this to lock in ? Because after everything is done I put toners in
    machine restart and the copies come out off, just no color. i noticed when I put developer in machine each color looked like it was light on toner? Is machine suppose to add toner after calibration? Or is there enough toner in developer that even without adding toner I should get a good copy? I know some machines the developer has a mixture of toner and developer in it and it calibrates the machine to accept this as the proper mix. And other machines the developer isn't fully loaded with toner and after calibrating Developer machine will add toner to a specific level. Im not sure of this model because this is the first time I'm replacing Developer in one.
    Anyway thanks for all the info. Ill go back and try the calibrations you listed.hopefully this will bring the colors back

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

There are limitations how much can be communicated through text in a forum post. As a tech, quite often the information I get is somewhere between inaccurate and completely false. And since you aren't a tech, you have no way of knowing exactly how these units should look when functioning properly. I suggest that you take some photos of the drum units, and each of the developing units, specifically the mag roller area.

AFAIK there is no way for me to communicate 28 years worth of experience into 200 characters in a text box. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    There are limitations how much can be communicated through text in a forum post. As a tech, quite often the information I get is somewhere between inaccurate and completely false. And since you aren't a tech, you have no way of knowing exactly how these units should look when functioning properly. I suggest that you take some photos of the drum units, and each of the developing units, specifically the mag roller area.

AFAIK there is no way for me to communicate 28 years worth of experience into 200 characters in a text box. =^..^=
    No I'm not a Toshiba tech. If I was I wouldn't be asking for assistance. But I am a Canon /Sharp tech. Have been for 33 years . But if an existing customer asks us to help them with another manufactures machine we will. Having websites like Copytechnet for assistance is invaluable. That's why this site exists. For techs to share their knowledge and gain more.
    We were able to correct problem by manually (05-206) setting up each colors toner ratio.Once we changed values from app. 152 to 185 colors were fine.
    Id like to thank everyone who took time out of their day to share their knowledge and expertise with us.
    Have a great day!