Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    rl5234

How do you disable the delete print job feature

I'd like to disable the ability to delete a print job from the control screen unless logged in as administrator. I don't use any user accounts or authentication when printing or making changes at the control screen. Is this possible without setting up a userid and password for everyone? This is on an e-Studio 6570c.

Thanks.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: How do you disable the delete print job feature

Depending on the version of print driver that you are using (latest is called V7.188), Printer Properties, Device Settings, Account Settings, Private Print Restriction - On.

You could force all users to Private Print. That way a user would only be able to delete their print jobs and not others from the Job Status Print Queue.

rl5234

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Depending on the version of print driver that you are using (latest is called V7.188), Printer Properties, Device Settings, Account Settings, Private Print Restriction - On.

You could force all users to Private Print. That way a user would only be able to delete their print jobs and not others from the Job Status Print Queue.
    Thanks. I appreciate the reply. I was hoping though, that there was a way to disable the ability to delete someone else print job with a setting in TopAccess. Any idea?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Via service code 08-8510-2 you could shorten the print queue to 2 jobs before any jobs can be promoted or deleted. The default is 10 jobs.