Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Toshiba and card reader

I would appreciate any assistance with installing a card reader on a Toshiba 5008A. It will be a dealer doing the work, but they don't seem to have a clue. I'm not sure what type of reader is going to be installed, but it will be interfacing PaperCut along with several KM 8 series, so I would assume it has to be something matching the MiFare AKUs going on the KM equipment. The readers are coming preconfigured so I'm thinking all that needs to be done is to enable them I am not looking for a step by step, just the requirements like 08 settings and device drivers if needed. I can just hand this info off to the Toshiba tech. Thanks, Emujo

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Toshiba and card reader

Re: Toshiba and card reader

The card reader will be an Elatec TWN-4 and you need the Toshiba GR1290 Card Reader holder.

Usually, a sample card needs to be first sent to Toshiba to make sure it pairs properly with the TWN4.

Papercut is now at V16 so be sure the copier is at the latest FW1054. Papercut V16 has modernized the look of their user interface and it looks different from previous versions. The LCD panel displayed by Papercut will look somewhat different between a Toshiba and a KM.

I am not a Papercut/ Card Reader expert. In Canada, as dealers, we pay Toshiba Business Systems (Toshiba Direct) Professional service fees to do the install remotely averaging at least 4-8 hours at $125.00 per hour.

An inexperienced tech should not attempt to install Papercut by hoping that just reading the install guide will get you through.

Papercut needs to be installed on either a dedicated server or virtual server with at least 8 GB of free RAM.

You need to download the Papercut MF install guide from your Toshiba service provider for all of your 08 codes to enable the reader. 08-3500 enables the card reader but other codes will likely be needed depending on the scope of the install.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 08-17-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The card reader will be an Elatec TWN-4 and you need the Toshiba GR1290 Card Reader holder.

Usually, a sample card needs to be first sent to Toshiba to make sure it pairs properly with the TWN4.

Papercut is now at V16 so be sure the copier is at the latest FW1054. Papercut V16 has modernized the look of their user interface and it looks different from previous versions.

I am not a Papercut/ Card Reader expert. In Canada, as dealers, we pay Toshiba Business Systems (Toshiba Direct) Professional service fees to do the install averaging at least 4-8 hours at $125.00 per hour.

An inexperienced tech should not attempt to install Papercut by hoping that just reading the install guide will get you through.

Papercut needs to be installed on either a server or virtual server with at least 8 GB of free RAM.

You need to download the Papercut MF install guide from your Toshiba service provider for all of your 08 codes to enable the reader. 08-3500 enables the card reader but other codes will likely be needed depending on the scope of the install.
    Thanks for the info, Paper Cut is already installed and connected to several KM devices, customer just wants to add their Toshiba equipment. We will not touch it, but will push the PC app after their Toshiba service has installed the readers. Emujo

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Toshiba and card reader

Paper cut website has the list of 08 codes to change. As way of set up instructions

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Technician

the toshiba card reader read out the hex in system,you can use twn3、twn4 , like km au-201 card reader whit papercut mf software

Technician

[QUOTE = SalesServiceGuy; 573855]读卡器将是Elatec TWN-4,您需要东芝GR1290读卡器支架。

通常,需要先将样品卡发送到东芝,以确保它与TWN4正确配对。

Papercut现在在V16,所以确保复印机是在最新的FW1054。Papercut V16将用户界面的外观现代化,与以前的版本不同。Papercut显示的LCD面板在东芝和KM之间会有 所不同。

我不是Papercut /读卡器专家。在加拿大,作为经销商,我们支付东芝商业系统(东芝直销)专业服务费,远程平均至 少4-8小时,每小时125美元。

没有经验的技术人员不应该尝试安装Papercut,希望只要阅读安装指南即可让您通过。

Papercut需要安装在具有至少8 GB可用RAM的专用服务器或虚拟服务器上。

您需要从Toshiba服务提供商下载所有08代码的Papercut MF安装指南,以便读者。08-3500允许读卡器,但根据安装的范围,可能需要其他代码。[/ QUOTE]

RFIDeas card reader can used in toshiba mfp ^_^