Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Letterhead Printing - eStudio 2000AC

Hi,

I'm having the age old issue of alternating between single and double-sided letterhead printing. When printing single-sided it's fine, but on double-sided it prints page 2 of the document onto side 1, and page 1 onto the back.

I've tried just about every setting in the driver, including letterhead printing mode, but I simply can't get it to change in any way at all.

Does anybody have proven settings to get around this problem, please?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Letterhead Printing - eStudio 2000AC

Re: Letterhead Printing - eStudio 2000AC

Letterhead print mode:

My understanding is that if your job involves duplexing and has an odd number of pages, the last page will simply be printed and sent through the inverter, so if you print the job on a pre-printed form, the last page will be printed on the wrong side of the page. Letterhead mode prevents this. It's the same thing that would cause the holes to show up on the wrong side of the last page when printing a job with an odd number of pages on pre-punched paper.

When you print in "letterhead" mode, the MFP always prints the letterhead page duplex, regardless if it has 1 page of text or two. Its got to work this way because when the MFP prints a normal duplex page (letterhead or not) it prints page 2 first and page1 second. So the "letterhead fix" is to always print the sheet duplex, regardless if it is one page of text or two, so the sheet has a consistent orientation in the exit tray.

The MFP has to print page 2, then page 1 on a duplex sheet for page 1 to be face down in the exit tray.

For this to work for the customer, they have to always use letterhead mode for letterhead, regardless of whether they have one page or two for printing.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Re: Letterhead Printing - eStudio 2000AC

That theory is sound, of course, but it all falls over when trying to print a document with multiple pages as a simplex job. If it's a single-page document it's fine. This is doing my head in now, I cannot find a workable answer.