Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ES523 jams, E3c0, E5A0, E570

Re: ES523 jams, E3c0, E5A0, E570

Blackcat,
    Yes I did test the sensors and then I replaced the sensors and actuators. Last June I replaced the last exit sensor and flag on the top of the door. This is the last
    sensor in the path. I have cleaned the paper path rollers through the machine.
    Is there more than one interlock switch on the left door? I found a switch on the side toward the front of the left door. When I push it the display did not
    change. When I close the door it does change.
    I have looked at the gate. It is not loose on the shaft, it does not bind when I move it. The bushings are not worn to the point of shaft wobble.
    When I run a 1-2 job I can hear the gate operate. The rubber bumper is not worn.
    I did not see it jam yesterday. The customer had it turned off when I got there. It warmed up, I ran 30 pages or so, customer ran 40 pages no jams.
    I think the customer is gun shy now. If it jams once it's still the same jam.
    Also I have been looking to define all the numbers behind the jam code. I'm looking for a clue.
    I spent about an hour waiting for a jam to occur while I was looking through the paper feed theory.
    May be it's just time for another machine.

Thanks

DR

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    ... Is there more than one interlock switch on the left door? I found a switch on the side toward the front of the left door. When I push it the display did not
    change...
    I have not noticed.

... I have looked at the gate. It is not loose on the shaft, it does not bind when I move it. The bushings are not worn to the point of shaft wobble.
    When I run a 1-2 job I can hear the gate operate. The rubber bumper is not worn...
    The gate will get cracks that snag the edge of the paper, or will lose a finger.

... I did not see it jam yesterday. The customer had it turned off when I got there. It warmed up, I ran 30 pages or so, customer ran 40 pages no jams.
    I think the customer is gun shy now...
    This can be a hard thing to get past. Even after you've fixed the machine, every single jam becomes a crisis/emergency. It's difficult to point out that yes, there will be an occasional jam that you can't anticipate or prevent, and it's not a crisis. Just remove the jam and move on. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I hope we are taking about the same gate. This gate is on the top of the paper path on the left door. It is actuated by a solenoid mounted in the upper right corner
    of the left door. That gate feel smooth to the touch, the points do not have any cracks or divots that would catch the papers edge.
    It opens enough without touching the paper.
    Off the glass it delivers the page face up and through the ADF the papers come out face down to stay in order. This gate is spring loaded to send
    paper down in the duplex path. But I see that is could even turn them face down from the glass. Is there a setting? I did not find one yesterday
    while looking through the 08 mode programs.
    I did see some speed settings for heavy paper but I don't think that would help.

DR