Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    ES-5005ac series color alignment issues

Angry ES-5005ac series color alignment issues

Today we had to swap out a new install with a loaner and I have another copier whom we have delayed install due to color alignment issues.

We have followed the bulletin about the issue but Toshiba support keeps deflecting when when call in and try to lead my techs towards "your did it wrong" "your dimensional adjustments are wrong" "The laser pitch is wrong"

It's none of the above.

I Have one that we have managed to get escalated but have no responses yet and I have a pissed off customer.
    Their old wore out clunker of a 2540c is spot on perfect..this new 2505ac is a blurry mess. Can't get the magenta/yellow side closer than half a MM.

One machine we have at firmware v1054 the other is the new v1060
    the bulletin is TSB-1743 and they are on revision 6 of it ...

Any input would be appreciated.

Technician

Re: ES-5005ac series color alignment issues

Hello,

do you have Perform the color registration control adjustment (FS-05-4719)?
    if yes then
    (1) Perform the mirror motor initial excitation setting (FS-05-4721).
    (2) Perform the color registration control adjustment (FS-05-4719).
    (3) Output an image with the code 8 in 05 Test Mode and check it.

if the problem not resolved then:

Image clock modulation adjustment

Confirm that the version of the system firmware and engine firmware is after the below mentioned one. If the version is before this, upgrade the firmware.
    Engine firmware 373M-16 or later
    System firmware T373HD0W1033 or later
    (2) Check the color to be adjusted while confirming the test print image outputted by the confirmation procedure.

(3) Change the values of FS-05-4864-0 to FS-05-4864-3 by corresponding to the color to be adjusted.
    Code Setting item Sub code Meaning of sub code Default value Min. Max. Contents
    FS-05-4864 Image clock modulation adjustment 0 Y 10 6 14 When a larger value is set, an image will shift to the front side. (Approx. 0.075 mm/bit shift will be made at the center of an image.)
    1 M 10 6 14
    2 C 10 6 14
    3 K 10 6 14

Notes:
    - Although "10" is the default value, "8" to "12" may be set if adjustment has been performed at the factory shipment.
    - The values from "0" to "5" can be set. Even if a smaller value than "6" at minimum is set, the line will not be shifted to the rear side than "6"
    - The values from "15" to "20" can be set. Even if a larger value than "14" at maximum is set, the line will not be shifted to the front side than "14".
    ??? If Magenta (M) deviates by approx. 0.15 mm (1.5 lines) to the rear (left) side than the standard color (K): Change the value of FS-05-4864-1 with "+2bit".

??? If Magenta (M) deviates by approx. 0.15 mm (1.5 lines) to the front (right) side than the standard color (K) and Yellow (Y) deviates by approx. 0.1 mm (1 line) to the front (right) side than the standard color (K):
    Change the values of FS-05-4864-1 with "-2bit" and FS-05-4864-0 with "-1bit".

good luck

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

What you have posted is an earlier version of the bulletin in question so..yes..we have done all those things. Right now I can get one of the machine kinda close'ish by going outside the recommended range but it's still off enough that the edges of the page have a magenta shift.

the magenta and yellow will line up with each other and the black and cyan will line up with each other..but they will not all line up with each other.
    the poly motor is in the middle of the laser unit...sooo...either some one goofed up the math or there is a quality issue with the laser since magenta and yellow are on one side of poly and black and cyan are on the other.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Had the same problem. I found that after reading the entire bulletin twice I distilled it down to this.
    I had to update my firmware to the latest version which I did.
    Then I shut off Image clock modulation.
    I ran 05-4719
    Ran the grid test chart and rechecked.
    It realigned.
    I then turned back on Image Clock modulation.

Hope this helps.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent128 View Post
    What you have posted is an earlier version of the bulletin in question so..yes..we have done all those things. Right now I can get one of the machine kinda close'ish by going outside the recommended range but it's still off enough that the edges of the page have a magenta shift.

the magenta and yellow will line up with each other and the black and cyan will line up with each other..but they will not all line up with each other.
    the poly motor is in the middle of the laser unit...sooo...either some one goofed up the math or there is a quality issue with the laser since magenta and yellow are on one side of poly and black and cyan are on the other.
    ok ,

do you have the BSI No. G16F433 ? maybe help you..

Technician

Vincent, Have you solve the problem?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Unhappy Re: ES-5005ac series color alignment issues

Quote Originally Posted by sakisvas View Post
    Vincent, Have you solve the problem?
    Yes and also no.
    These machines just suck at color alignment.

Put in a new laser, looks pretty much the same.
    2 machines here at the shop, looks the same.
    Send high rez images of the output to our Toshiba CSR, his machine looks the same.

You have to get the laser pitch to be PERFECT, do the image dimensional adjustments until they are PERFECT and then the prints will look 'okay' then you have to tweak it with the 4864 codes until you find a medium that works for the document types the customer is running.
    The alignment will still breakup here and there if you examine it under magnification, it will show up the most on something like a spreadsheet with colored cells that have text in them. Not only does it look like the trapping calculations are off but printing out test pattern 8 and examine it under magnification and you will see.