Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

model 3555e studio ERROR CE40....

hi guys,

our customer now has this error ce40 and im a bit lost. were a Ricoh + Xerox dealer but for some reason looking after this Tosh. where i dont even know how to get in its service mode to possibly do resets?

first off all it had a dev error code my service:
    found the magenta dev had gone solid and the end bearing that help turn the augers seized up then snapping drive gears
    1. they had a spare dead machine but said the magenta dev makes a noise and has tiger stripe quality and a spare new bag of dev
    2. i made a mechanically good magenta dev and used the new dev powder
    3. it starts process control then stops with ce40
    4. open side door i can see all clrs on the transfer belt and the magenta looks good.
    5. run out of time on the call as company closed its 100 mile away.
    6. quickly cleaned off the id sensors that read the iamge of the belt for process control nut still fault

now i know they call the auto control sensor (which is td toner sensor on a ricoh) i was wondering do i have to go in service mode and punch in a code to reset these or is the machine needs calibrating?

i have no service manual at the minute but possibly like ricoh they dont tell you how to access service mode untill a course!

Or are my barking up the wrong tree completly and its throwing up ce40 cause the mag devs shot. customer said whole unit is around £700

thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: model 3555e studio ERROR CE40....

In my experience on the toshiba color machines that code is for developer units being low on mix. I know you redid the magenta but one of the others may be low too. Usually if you run a skyshot you will see the tiger stripes but sometimes they dont have to be that low to cause a problem. I have not worked on toshiba in a little while. Hope someone current will chime in.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: model 3555e studio ERROR CE40....

Hansen is correct. It's usually caused by depleted developer on one or more of the colors. It's handy if you can get a print, or even a good view of the latent patches on the belt, but if you can't just look at the developing cylinder. You'll see the diagonal voids on the mag roller when you rotate it.

I understand that you had complications with broken stir augers and seized bushings (that's relatively normal). Once you get the developing unit repaired and vacuumed out, you'll pour in the new developer. Clear the developer counter in 6S-2 > Developer > Sub Counter > Magenta Developer > Clear > "Are You Sure?" > Yes. Remove the toner cartridge, then run the developer stir 05-2402 (wait until it's complete, then press OK). Re-install toner. Clean primary scorotrons and laser slit glasses via wands.

Perform color calibration:
    05-2742
    05-4719
    05-4Fax, 05-7869
    05-70Fax, 05-8008
    05-230Fax, 05-8009

It would be really good if you got a manual. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=