Thread: E011 jam code

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

E011 jam code

Hello

I have been seeing a number of intermittent E011 on the Toshiba es3555c family. Has anyone seen a cause not in the book for this. I used to see a number of these on the es4540c family that was related to the second transfer roller but the design has been changed and I am spinning my wheels on these codes that never seem to happen when I am there.

Thank you in advance for all help.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: E011 jam code

Have you been able to confirm that this error is happening from all sources or just one. I have seen the paper guide at the bottom of the duplex door bow and that can cause problems. I know the manual states the the problem could be related to a dirty paper cling sensor.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    E011 jam code

I've seen E011 codes on eS2830, eS2500, and eS4540, but not on the eS3555C.

The causes were:
    eS2830: One-Way Gear 94T (which drives the registration roller) slips because of one-way bearing failure or chewed up shaft in the registration drive pack.
    eS2500: Only when duplexing second side wraps around the 2nd transfer roller. Front post that the right inner door latches to become bent in from slamming. The door closes further and further into the machine until the paper starts to catch on the separation sawtooth. The second side of duplex has some curl, making it worse.
    eS2500: Only when duplexing. Front duplex door latch is bent, broken, deformed ... whatever. It doesn't latch.
    eS4540: Enduser feeds labels LT from the tray, and a bunch of labels get stuck on the 2nd transfer roller and guides.

I don't know if any of these will be helpful, but that's where I would start. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    E011 jam code

Have you discovered anything new? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by JVC View Post
    Hello

I have been seeing a number of intermittent E011 on the Toshiba es3555c family. Has anyone seen a cause not in the book for this. I used to see a number of these on the es4540c family that was related to the second transfer roller but the design has been changed and I am spinning my wheels on these codes that never seem to happen when I am there.

Thank you in advance for all help.
    I fixed my problem by taking the exit assembly and actuating the solenoid by hand to snap the guid back in place, I also removed the felt on the solenoid just in case it might have got stuck. Good luck!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    E011 jam code

Quote Originally Posted by copierkats View Post
    I fixed my problem by taking the exit assembly and actuating the solenoid by hand to snap the guide back in place, I also removed the felt on the solenoid just in case it might have got stuck. Good luck!
    Those 4555C series were notorious about the bushings for the rollers getting gummed up. From what I was told, due to shipping, they would apply a grease to a lot of the bushings to keep any "rust" from forming during transit. Unfortunately, that grease would thicken over time and slow down or freeze up whatever was on it.
    Spraying anything on it would loosen it up, but it would harden back over time. It was best to just remove the entire exit assembly and pull the bushing out and clean everything.
    I would clean the bushings with alcohol by putting the bushing on my finger, filling the center with alcohol, then pressing my thumb over it to clean out the brass bushings.
    Then, fill it with something like tri-flo oil and doing it over again. Then wipe it dry.
    Those felt pads were a problem. When you open the ADU, look on the ADU for those pads as well that butt up against the gate. They were suppose to be a noise suppressor, but over
    time, being near the fuser, they would soften and stick to the gate. The fix was they were replaced with ones that had a clear film/plastic. But, most of our techs just took them off and left it that way. So they would hear a slight knock, no big deal.