Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E2050c line

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

E2050c line

Solid black line appear when printing counter list or colour print. The back of counter list also got similar line, except not so solid. Same line found on 2nd transfer roller. I've cleaned 2nd transfer roller but the line come back when print, checked k pu main charger & drum, checked transfer cleaner blade, no line on transfer belt, no line on fuser unit....Any sugesstion?

20180411_200834.jpg20180411_200045.jpg

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    E2050c line

Re: E2050c line

Swap K with Y drum unit and do some tests, you may need to replace the transfer belt cleaning blade, check the bushings if gum up and hard to turn on the ends of the tbu cleaning facing roller.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    E2050c line

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzoo View Post
    Swap K with Y drum unit and do some tests, you may need to replace the transfer belt cleaning blade, check the bushings if gum up and hard to turn on the ends of the tbu cleaning facing roller.
    It's not always easy to tell where that line is coming from, and color is not always conclusive. Here's an example:
    Primary transfer waste toner is usually between brown and purple colored, but if your enduser is printing a very high percentage of black, your primary transfer waste toner will be mostly black too.

A simple visual inspection should help you find your line:
    1) Start by examining each drum for poor drum cleaning, or a small fiber stuck to the blade focusing the primary charge in one area. Rotate each drum manually to see if the drum continues to clean well.
    2) Check that the primary transfer belt is cleaning properly. Something as simple as a hair dragging along the primary transfer belt can create a line like this. The reason you see the toner on the backside of the paper is because not only is the line created in the latent developed image on the primary transfer belt, it is created between the the image areas, and continues to transfer to the secondary roller between pages, then is transferred to the backside of the paper.
    3) Actually the fuser is the most likely cause. Check the pressure roller where the claws contact it. My guess is that the teflon is torn through. As a result, small amounts of residual toner from the heat belt transfer to the pressure roller in the torn areas, then stick to roller until paper picks it up.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Replaced 2nd transfer roller, transfer belt cleaning blade, swapped k drum unit, still the same line appear...
    When printing counter list, before reach fuser i stop the machine, found the line appear on k drum unit & partial transfer belt unit...
    Suspect k print head issue, visually checked & cleaned....

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

It appears that the problem is a mechanical issue verses an electronic issue since the line extends to the edge of the paper. I don't think the printhead is the issue. Is the transfer belt turning smoothly? Have you disassembled the transfer belt and checked it? There were numerous updates to it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Found that the line appear on k drum, after print out, no more line on transfer belt which mean the cleaning is good...
    Same as drum unit, after print out no line appear on drum, which mean cleaning ia good...

Below is the 18fax charts, all colours with solid black line...
    IMG-20180412-WA0000.jpg

I dont have alcohol, wonder can use contact cleaner to clean print head?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You should'nt need anything stronger than water.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    E2050c line

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    It's not always easy to tell where that line is coming from, and color is not always conclusive. Here's an example:
    Primary transfer waste toner is usually between brown and purple colored, but if your enduser is printing a very high percentage of black, your primary transfer waste toner will be mostly black too.

A simple visual inspection should help you find your line:
    1) Start by examining each drum for poor drum cleaning, or a small fiber stuck to the blade focusing the primary charge in one area. Rotate each drum manually to see if the drum continues to clean well.
    2) Check that the primary transfer belt is cleaning properly. Something as simple as a hair dragging along the primary transfer belt can create a line like this. The reason you see the toner on the backside of the paper is because not only is the line created in the latent developed image on the primary transfer belt, it is created between the the image areas, and continues to transfer to the secondary roller between pages, then is transferred to the backside of the paper.
    3) Actually the fuser is the most likely cause. Check the pressure roller where the claws contact it. My guess is that the teflon is torn through. As a result, small amounts of residual toner from the heat belt transfer to the pressure roller in the torn areas, then stick to roller until paper picks it up.
    =^..^=
    I have been once in the situation when I had a moment of 'something is not right' caused by a piece of hair of someone in the office after a PM on a 6570c, I took apart the main charges a few times plus other things, I've done the tests just in 04 Start on halftones and those lines were as the printed color, I was amazed when found that.

I didn't seen any damaged printheads in these machines but worth a try to check the flat cables on each end of the printheads.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    E2050c line

I haven't seen any bad LED printheads on any of the Weisshorn series. If it was a dirty printhead you would be seeing voids, not lines.

I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to re-seat the LED array ribbon cables ... keep in mind that it's very easy to damage ribbon cables. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I haven't seen any bad LED printheads on any of the Weisshorn series. If it was a dirty printhead you would be seeing voids, not lines.

I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to re-seat the LED array ribbon cables ... keep in mind that it's very easy to damage ribbon cables. =^..^=
    I reseated the flat cable...still the same...