Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Toshiba e-Studio 2050-2550 F106 error

I have a toshiba e studio 2550 with a error F106 which is a HDD error. I need to go and view this machine so i decided to test firmware update on a toshiba 2050c which i beleive it runs the same firmware as a 2550c. The 2050c i decided to test firmware on is running a 2gig sd card not actually a HDD but similar i removed it amd fitted a wipe technology HDD. I held down 3+c turned machine on and formatted the HDD the turned off and plugged a usb stick with firmware loaded on it in the rear of the machine as the usb isnt available in the front because the option isnt there. Please see in photo usb slot on which i mean. The machine keeps saying there is no data in usb storage device.

When i put back the sd card instead of the HDD into the machine the machine sometimes freezes, i then formatted the sd card as well and hold down 4+9 turn the machine on to load the firmware then it either freezes or i get a error F106. If i run the HDD and turn on the machine holding 4+9 it always goes to firmware update mode but always reads there is no data in usb storage device.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Toshiba e-Studio 2050-2550 F106 error

From what I understand is your test machine 2050 was running with an SSD and not a Wipe HDD and for some reason you installed a Wipe HDD and tried to put firmware.

To run a machine with a Wipe HDD changing from SSD you have to update the machine with a special firmware to work with it but note that you can't revert back after to SSD. Firmwares between 2550 series are the same as long they have the same HDD type hence you can't install a SSD firmware to Wipe HDD.

Follow the manual for you current issue
    Last edited by Blizzoo; 06-13-2018 at 08:25 PM.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated