Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 456 with C260

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

456 with C260

Have an EStudio 456 that warms up and displays a C260 code. Lamp comes on in warm up and test. Also cleaned optics,white plate and CCD. Any suggestions before I order the lens unit?. TIA

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    456 with C260

Re: 456 with C260

I've been working on an eS357, which does have some differences, but this might help:

My machine is intermittently copying and scanning "static" pages. Not solid black images, but static, and with image voids. First I discovered breaks in the ribbon cable to light source #1. In addition to metering it out you can check for dimples in the ribbon surface, where the conductors break:

Loire2X Ribbon.JPG

I replaced the cable, but still got static pages and C260's. Since the lamp was still not lighting and the lamp is powered by the SYS board, I replaced the System board next. While scratching my head, I noticed that when I press the DF closed flag the lamp still does not light, but the display flickers to a "Ready" screen then comes back to C260.

Since I have never had to replace an LED lamp in a copier, I did not consider that it might become a dead short. While metering out the LEDs, I found the LED at the rear reads 0.372 ohms, and the apparently identical LED at the front reads 0.006 ohms (almost a dead short).

So my current theory is that the front LED is shorting the 5vdc at the system board. I've got the LED light source #1 ordered for tomorrow morning.

Now I think the eS456 uses a Xenon lamp, not LEDs, so that may change your course of action. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I've been working on an eS357, which does have some differences, but this might help:

My machine is intermittently copying and scanning "static" pages. Not solid black images, but static, and with image voids. First I discovered breaks in the ribbon cable to light source #1. In addition to metering it out you can check for dimples in the ribbon surface, where the conductors break:

Loire2X Ribbon.JPG

I replaced the cable, but still got static pages and C260's. Since the lamp was still not lighting and the lamp is powered by the SYS board, I replaced the System board next. While scratching my head, I noticed that when I press the DF closed flag the lamp still does not light, but the display flickers to a "Ready" screen then comes back to C260.

Since I have never had to replace an LED lamp in a copier, I did not consider that it might become a dead short. While metering out the LEDs, I found the LED at the rear reads 0.372 ohms, and the apparently identical LED at the front reads 0.006 ohms (almost a dead short).

So my current theory is that the front LED is shorting the 5vdc at the system board. I've got the LED light source #1 ordered for tomorrow morning.

Now I think the eS456 uses a Xenon lamp, not LEDs, so that may change your course of action. =^..^=
    I will check the cable, but in my case the lamp does come on so it looks like either light is not getting to the CCD or not being interperid properly.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I replaced both the SLG board and lens. No more codes. Thanks for all the help.