Quote Originally Posted by lopakad1 View Post
There okay I'm just not a big fan. We ordered a couple brand-new and he came in damage right in the box. How to get them replaced. Then the problems I have is with their support and the fyi website it's old and antiquated and out of date compared to the other brands we take care of.
I guess my problem with Toshiba is getting help on the back half when you do have a problem.

I guess I'm very biased because we purchased 10 of them and seven have weird problems and it seems to me that they don't come up with fixes just firmware or software updates.
You have a point, but we are not having issues with new ones, its the pm time 8508/7605ac developers. The devs are leaking and destroying the gears/seals, some way before pm. Toshiba bought and paid for company boys do nothing but "send us all your data and the destroyed units"....here's an updated wire scraper and front block-NOTHING to do with issue, plastic is crap, these are a fail compared to the 6550/6570 developers. You get nowhere reporting it, you do all research and development and TABs wants you to send the info.
Then they release the 8518a/7516ac with the same dang problem.