Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

tosh 557 humidity jams in drum area- e 010's

we have seen a lot of these that we can only blame on humid environment or paper. anyone seen this or have a solution? thanks.

Technician

Re: tosh 557 humidity jams in drum area- e 010's

Take a look at the "Transfer bias ON timing adjustments" on pg 6-62 of 857 series manual. Its a weird scale, but basically 08-2960 is code, from least separation to most....5,4,3,2,1,0,8,7,6. This scale is the is the same for the transfer ability, but in reverse, where 5 is the best transfer and 6 is the worst. So you have to find a happy medium here, good transfer, good sep.
    Most of what we see though, is the techs let the PM of the transfer belt go too long, thus the belt slips and the transfer section is not cleaned good, not just clean the rollers but disassemble and clean all bushings ect. You might say "oh hell no" to that, but we have "0" issues, and this has been since the 810 series.

Technician

thanks for the detailed post, i'll check all that stuff out---jim

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

how many clicks is on? usualy on slower and older series ( i am working from 255 to 455 -6 -7 series) its 100% the aligning clutch (its updated with smaller profile clutch on 7 series) i usualy spray them with contact cleaner or just replace them. also a lot of times its the fault of the bushings-axis on the main gears section.