Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: EF18 - MJ1110

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    EF18 - MJ1110

EF18 - MJ1110

Anybody else seeing intermittent EF18's on MJ-1110 saddle-stitch finishers? We don't sell a lot of these, but I've had 4 of them display this code over the last year. In each case these are new or nearly new units in low volume environments. I had one do it out of the box and ended up shipping it back to Toshiba for a warranty exchange. But the others like to wait until they're in the field and then start acting up. I can be onsite and do 50 folding jobs with no issue, and then a week later it will start to act up. I've confirmed the fold is accurate and I seem to have some success with adjusting the door so that the saddle-stitch unit doesn't go in as deep. But it's a frustrating problem I haven't seen on the previous versions, which as far as I can tell were just a different color! I'm hoping someone has seen this issue and can offer some tips. I have the manual and am aware that it's pointing to the additional folding roller section, but I can confirm on each unit that it moves smoothly and the home position sensor tests are good. It really seems to be more of an alignment thing because when I actually see it happen the paper fold has been skewed before it gets to the additional folding roller section.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    EF18 - MJ1110

Re: EF18 - MJ1110

Pull the saddle stitch unit out, open the jam release section where the paper exits after the folding rollers and look if the aditional roller shaft is out of position, this is held in place with a screw at the both ends, you ill see if it's out of spec.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated