Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

toshiba e-studio 2050 = all color out registration after light clean led with rag(?)

hi guys, I state that I follow ricoh, and I do not know the toshiba, but we have a couple around, today I received a ticket on 2050 that had faded colors, I went to the customer, I extracted all the development group and the pcu, put on the floor , I cleaned with a rag the led matrix of each pcu, I reassembled everything and done the calibration (even the administrator) the 2050 now prints all the colors out of register (!), if it were a ricoh would seem when you replace the laser without enter the parameters and without even doing the large calibration ... someone knows what it might be, something seems to have happened on an electronic level ... I also tried to replace all the pcu and dev with other newer, except the black because not I had, and does the same problem, the 2050 has bk = 85153, cl = 9214 ...... thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: toshiba e-studio 2050 = all color out registration after light clean led with rag

Did you run color registration before color calibration???

Re: toshiba e-studio 2050 = all color out registration after light clean led with rag

Quote Originally Posted by Thayer View Post
    Did you run color registration before color calibration???
    look, we have only two dawm toshiba 2050, only today I discovered how to do the calibration by administrator, first at most I changed the toner tank only.
    but it seems strange that only by removing the pcu and cleaning the LED arrays came out this problem, before it was faded but everything is OK, but now prints well but is out of registration.

looking well the chart, I seem to notice better that it seems just out of place something ... and then that black skid was not there before, the fuser is not there, the belt can not be rotated by hand ... and it also does it with the other pcdu that I brought.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    toshiba e-studio 2050 = all color out registration after light clean led with rag(?)

So ... you should probably not learn how to do a proper color calibration on a Toshiba. And don't look at the manual.

No! Don't do it! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

I do not know the toshiba, I have only two, are rented, we are trying to run out of toner and a few parts that we have in stock, then we will replace them with ricoh, but if anyone knows how to solve this problem I would be very grateful.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

First make sure the transfer belt is rotating smooth by hand, you mentioned previously that it is not. If you have bushings type installed on the cleaning unit facing roller that sits at the back of the belt on those arms on both side with the springs then take them out and clean to free up the black looking "grease" or replace them with updated bearings and arms. Check if your transfer belt cleaner spring has come out, replace waste box if it's full and calibrate the copier at the end.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Re: toshiba e-studio 2050 = all color out registration after light clean [SOLVED]

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzoo View Post
    First make sure the transfer belt is rotating smooth by hand, you mentioned previously that it is not. If you have bushings type installed on the cleaning unit facing roller that sits at the back of the belt on those arms on both side with the springs then take them out and clean to free up the black looking "grease" or replace them with updated bearings and arms. Check if your transfer belt cleaner spring has come out, replace waste box if it's full and calibrate the copier at the end.
    thanks to all for the collaboration, by force of things, I managed to solve the problem from my self, the cause was the unit itb cleaner (i dont know how call toshiba) clogged by one side, that slowed randomly the movement of belt itb,
    disassembled, vacuumed with a vacuum cleaner, a beautiful calibration from administrator mode, everything is okI
    must say that as a first experience on the toshiba I was not impressed at all, there is not even the space to put the arm with a rags to the back of the machine, and even the vacuum cleaner arrived,
    i stayed a few minute with my arm stuck inside.

P.S. I hope that if I walk down the street and ask what time it is for someone, do not answer me "because you do not want to buy the watch".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (373.9 KB, 21 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (492.1 KB, 17 views)
    Last edited by luca72; 03-08-2019 at 08:34 AM.