Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Help please, for the toshibae e-studio 355 firmware.

Re: Help please, for the toshibae e-studio 355 firmware.

If you do have the wrong firmware in the scanner (yellow dot / red dot) then you will need a special factory firmware reload jig and if you have the newer style SLG board, you will also need an adapter for the jig.
    The update jigs plug directly into a special port on the board itself and are low level firmware. Just enough to get the machine to boot into the 49 mode and properly load firmware via usb.

These jig's are generally borrowed from your local regional service manager so good luck....there are 3 different styles of jigs, two different adapters and if the jig does not have the firmware on it already then you are going to need the jig version of the firmware and an eeprom writer. Of if you have the oldest version of the jig, you will need an eprom burner.

If you have the wrong firmware in the scanner board and the machine will not function, your best bet is to do two things
    1) order a scanner board of the correct type for your machine. Follow the proper board replacement procedure in the manual. reload all firmware to latest version which is V330 (old style machine) V335 (new style machine)
    2) Fire that technician

Good luck

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent128 View Post
    If you do have the wrong firmware in the scanner (yellow dot / red dot) then you will need a special factory firmware reload jig and if you have the newer style SLG board, you will also need an adapter for the jig.
    The update jigs plug directly into a special port on the board itself and are low level firmware. Just enough to get the machine to boot into the 49 mode and properly load firmware via usb.

These jig's are generally borrowed from your local regional service manager so good luck....there are 3 different styles of jigs, two different adapters and if the jig does not have the firmware on it already then you are going to need the jig version of the firmware and an eeprom writer. Of if you have the oldest version of the jig, you will need an eprom burner.

If you have the wrong firmware in the scanner board and the machine will not function, your best bet is to do two things
    1) order a scanner board of the correct type for your machine. Follow the proper board replacement procedure in the manual. reload all firmware to latest version which is V330 (old style machine) V335 (new style machine)
    2) Fire that technician

Good luck
    I also have an e-studio 452 and an e-studio45 ... could you take out your badge do what you say ... ???

or how could you only use it to print ... without a scanner

jajaj would be wasting a bullet

Quote Originally Posted by checho View Post
    change the plate ???? there is no other solution ..???

how to reinstall firware etc ,,,
    Your basically screwed never update scanner if possible there is 355 firmware and there is 355n firmware. Installing the wrong one kills the slg board. Hytec even has helped kill one for me after sending me a slg board they said was already jigged with firmware. The technician you have owes you a copier and a customer should never be installing firmware. I have it but will not give cause you should not be doing that procedure. Sound like someone removed the usb before the update ended and that ends that board. Time to buy a refurb. replacing the slg is tedious and you can pop the ribbon cable and pop the board. I am a tech and made that mistake

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Help please, for the toshibae e-studio 355 firmware.

If you are located in Chile, I think the resources you need for this long ago discontinued copier will not become become available to you.

You just cannot download the hardware tools that you need from a helpful copier tech.

Sorry, it is time to start looking for a good used copier with a low meter read (under 60k) to replace the e355 copier.

In Canada, your copier, if working well, is not even worth $50.00.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Your basically screwed never update scanner if possible there is 355 firmware and there is 355n firmware. Installing the wrong one kills the slg board. Hytec even has helped kill one for me after sending me a slg board they said was already jigged with firmware. The technician you have owes you a copier and a customer should never be installing firmware. I have it but will not give cause you should not be doing that procedure. Sound like someone removed the usb before the update ended and that ends that board. Time to buy a refurb. replacing the slg is tedious and you can pop the ribbon cable and pop the board. I am a tech and made that mistake

que podrķa hacer para recuperar la maquina????

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    If you are located in Chile, I think the resources you need for this long ago discontinued copier will not become become available to you.

You just cannot download the hardware tools that you need from a helpful copier tech.

Sorry, it is time to start looking for a good used copier with a low meter read (under 60k) to replace the e355 copier.

In Canada, your copier, if working well, is not even worth $50.00.

que podrķa hacer para recuperar la maquina????

Technician

U required to use download jig (need to burn firmware to the jig) to restore the machine firmware if u updated the wrong scanner firmware...
    Better buy another used/refurbish machine either same model or newer model...