Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

E Studio 5055C / Cant remove black drum or TB unit

Per the SM seems to be relatively easy , I can pull out all other colors and black DV but black drum seems locked.
    Also can not remove TB Unit I removed the Cleaner , Turned the lever in the upper front clockwise , loosened the two screws and dropped down the grey holders ( Levers that the screws are in) . Seems like the front is loose but not the back . Do not want to force either , Is there a trick ? Could the belt still be engaged and if so how do you release it ?

Re: E Studio 5055C / Cant remove black drum or TB unit

Quote Originally Posted by wild140 View Post
    Per the SM seems to be relatively easy , I can pull out all other colors and black DV but black drum seems locked.
    Also can not remove TB Unit I removed the Cleaner , Turned the lever in the upper front clockwise , loosened the two screws and dropped down the grey holders ( Levers that the screws are in) . Seems like the front is loose but not the back . Do not want to force either , Is there a trick ? Could the belt still be engaged and if so how do you release it ?
    The tranfer belt is holding the drum tighten the tb back and try again

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    E Studio 5055C / Cant remove black drum or TB unit

Re: E Studio 5055C / Cant remove black drum or TB unit

If the transfer belt release has been turned too far, it twists or breaks the shaft, which does not allow the rear to release. It is major disassembly to replace that shaft, and you just about have to break the drum unit and transfer belt to get them out.