Thread: e-Studio 5008A

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts masterchill's Avatar

e-Studio 5008A

Hey have a customer that has a bunch of Toshiba e-studio 5008A that are saying door open please close front or duplex door. I am not familiar with the Toshibas. When you open and close both doors machine makes some noise like it going to clear the message but does not. Machine does react when you push the switches in but does not clear the message. I am guessing this is an issue with this model? Thanks for any help.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    e-Studio 5008A

Re: e-Studio 5008A

Quote Originally Posted by masterchill View Post
    Hey have a customer that has a bunch of Toshiba e-studio 5008A that are saying door open please close front or duplex door. I am not familiar with the Toshibas. When you open and close both doors machine makes some noise like it going to clear the message but does not. Machine does react when you push the switches in but does not clear the message. I am guessing this is an issue with this model? Thanks for any help.
    have you confirmed that nothing is pushing on the doors a lil bit to keep them from registering the fault?

could it be that there is a jam inside and not listing it due to "door open"?

have you done anything besides test the output of the switches?

The only thing I have done was test the switches. I figured it was an issue with this model because out of the 12 machines they have 7 of them are doing this. Did not see any jams. They got these machine in from a parent company that is closing so they are all in a room and they asked if we could check them out so they could use theses machines until lease is up.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    e-Studio 5008A

These were moved there from another location ?
    ...They were moved by someone that knows how to transport copiers?
    ...they don't have bent frames ?

e-Studio 5008A

The only thing I have done was test the switches. I figured it was an issue with this model because out of the 12 machines they have 7 of them are doing this. Did not see any jams. They got these machine in from a parent company that is closing so they are all in a room and they asked if we could check them out so they could use theses machines until lease is up.
    Were the prblems reported before moving all to one room?
    Do they have Key Ops trained on basics for each unit?
    I had schools that would assign KO.. found out TWO teachers..would go to the copiers.. if they fucked up.. they would TRY a fix.. ir just leave it down

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    e-Studio 5008A

I've had to re-assemble the right side doorswitch a few times. They're cheaply made push switches that will disassemble itself into (4) pieces when the right door is slammed hard enough. The rear part of the switch stays attached to the wire harness. the front part of the switch stays in the doorswitch holder. The microscopic spring and actuator with comb drop down inside the rear frame. I've been lucky enough twice to find all the parts. I now carry replacements.

I usually clean the housing outer surfaces with alcohol, make sure the switch opens/closes to 0 ohms like it should, then I epoxy the little bugger together. It doesn't tend to fly part anymore. It doesn't take much 5 minute epoxy to keep it assembled.

I don't know if you've ever noticed this, but if you have a customer with 10 of the same model machines, all of them seem to have the same problem at the same time. The user that can't get that plywood to feed through machine #1 goes down the hall and tries it in machine#2 ... " I can believe every machine is broke!"

Actually I can, and it's you.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

What color is the rear registration pusher? There was a bulletin that said that static discharge from the registration roller to the rear frame would cause your issue. The updated part is black in color.

Quote Originally Posted by BTech21 View Post
    What color is the rear registration pusher? There was a bulletin that said that static discharge from the registration roller to the rear frame would cause your issue. The updated part is black in color.

I tried to upload a pic but for some reason I cant but it looks like the pushers are white . Does it blow the power board or something? I have rechecked all switches and they are all testing good. The machine does react when you open and close both doors but never clears the open door message.

Ok to follow up on these machines it was the front door switch on the left. Not being familiar with Toshiba I did not realize they like to use 2 switches for each door. The left door switch was completely pushed in so you could not tell it even was suppose to be a switch and it had all fallen apart into several pieces (junk switch). Yes all seven machines have this issue.

e-Studio 5008A

Ok to follow up on these machines it was the front door switch on the left. Not being familiar with Toshiba I did not realize they like to use 2 switches for each door. The left door switch was completely pushed in so you could not tell it even was suppose to be a switch and it had all fallen apart into several pieces (junk switch). Yes all seven machines have this issue.

well great!

one of those issues that will keep locked up in the corner of your brain!