Senior Tech 250+ Posts

toshiba e studio 4555c

Hey guys,
    Have a e studio 4555c. Asking for black toner cartridge. I just replaced the black toner cartridge (OEM) and it ran about 500 copies and gave the message again.
    I tried a cartridge from another machine (not sure if you can even do that) just to see what it would do. Same thing, Says it is adding toner then reverts to replace black toner cartridge message. Any clue what's going on here?
    Thanks

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    toshiba e studio 4555c

Re: toshiba e studio 4555c

If I were to take a wild guess, I would guess that the black developer seals are leaking and the black developer is depleted (leaking out through the rear bearings). Look at the white gears on the developing unit: are the valleys between the teeth filled with developer? Can you see gaps in the developer brush? If you do the 11% fill original do you see diagonal voids? How about CA00 or CE40 codes?

I haven't seen many issues with 4555C toner cartridges ... but on Toshiba's in general it's common for endusers to leave the seal on the cartridge. When the toner in the auger compacts enough it will strip the "D" bore in the toner drive coupler. To test you can remove the cartridge, open the shutter, and manually feed out some toner into the trash can.

You can also get Add Toner indications when you lose developer agitation drive. The gears only fail when the developer seals have been leaking. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: toshiba e studio 4555c

Thank you for your help. I vacuumed out the toner supply openings in the machine and the dv unit, and put it back together. It came ready. We shall see. Thanks again.